owners, I've got a few questions about multi-hulls (and, in particular "foldable" trimarans like F-27/28) - all maintenance
1) While the tri. is on a trailer - can you extend the floats? I.e. will struts be strong enough to hold them in the air (I think the answer is yes, given the loads they are subjected to during movement but still - I'd like to confirm)
2) How would you do that (i.e. what do you use to hold it from tipping over to one side while the other is extended)?
3) Can you haul the tri. out in a boat lift
- if so, does it need to be folded for that?
4) Finally - here is why I ask all of the above. How do you go about painting the bottom of the main hull
and the floats? It would seem like floats need to be extended to be properly painted and that to paint
all of the main hull
you'd have to get it hauled out/blocked to cover the areas of trailer support?