Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-05-2013, 13:45   #16

Boat: Hedley Nicol Vagabond MK2, 37'
Re: TraveLifts in Puget Sound

You're not supposed to say how great it is up here Roy. We don't want it getting crowded. Here is a better press release so you aren't resented by the locals.....

"Do to circumstances beyond my control I'm being forced to relocate to the PNW. Already the prospect of strong currents and changeable winds is filling me with dread as I learn of the obnoxious power boats infesting these once pristine waters. On top if it all the beer tastes funny....there are more types than you can count as the small breweries try to get it right, haven't they heard of Coors? The Oysters are weird, and its downwind and stream from the Japanese Nuclear sites. It is with great sadness that I contemplate leaving San Diego and I hope at least 2 NW boaters relocate here to fill up my slip."

Old 22-05-2013, 16:50   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Okay, let's see if I can get it right this time:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to make a very limited stop, from time to time, in that vile backwater known as Pungent Sound. It's because my mommy demands an occasional visit. My brother and many cousins live back in the mosquito infested bush, where they eke out an existence as best they can, given the limited opportunities that exist in that god-forsaken land of lost dreams. The rivers are cold and filled with ravenous creatures which devour the occasional kayaker or other careless fool who dares to traverse the waters. Fierce predatory birds lurk in many of the tree tops, preying on whatever is tasty and pooping on the unwary. The waters of Pungent Sound contain many deadly surprises for the poor sailor who loses his way in the endless coastline and boring scenery. Trees float vertically and bob up and down, waiting to piece the hulls of both light multihulls and heavy steamers. Too many of the isolated coves and harbors are lined with reef-like encrustations called oyster banks, and if you leave an anchor down too long, the vile crabs attempt to mate with the rode, making quick escapes hazardous. The sad and dreary human residents, all suffering from seasonal affect disease from the weeping, grey skies and long nights, are incapable of experiencing pleasure and joy. They are so disconcerted by the miserable conditions that they actually attempt mass suicides on the slopes of slightly inactive volcanoes, rushing to the snow covered slopes to launch themselves,like lemmings, down frozen pathways, seeking a solid tree trunk to provide solace and an end to their sufferings. Oh, and the women..... They are ferocious and demanding of the poor males. While lovely in aspect, probably due to the moisture in the air and the delight they show when co-mingling with intended mates, they have extraordinary reserves of energy and lust that can be, frankly, overwhelming. This is why the few men that have been able to escape, generally do so by sea, only to return when the fish holds are full. It's not a country for the weak of heart. Their lungs are strong, however, possibly due to the acrid smoke emerging from the forests as the marijuana growers try to keep the price of weed up despite the legalization by the voters. Only the coffee is stronger than the weed or women of Washington's waters. This is a cruel and demanding place. I'm fortunate that I am so pure of heart and strong of spirit that I can resist these addictive features and escape south to the joys and pleasures of Southern California. It is a land of shiny boats, no mildew, endless freeways and housing developments, and exclusive marinas. But, my mom still yells at me if I don't show up to fix the broken waffle-maker, tighten the screws on an old chair, or take her to the oyster beds for more of the same. Read these words and take heed, fellow sailors. Avoid, at all costs, the perils of Pungent Sound. Those bare-breasted beauties of the nude beaches are merely sirens beckoning the misguided sailor to certain doom. You have been warned.

Old 22-05-2013, 17:55   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

That's more like it! But where are the bare breasted beauties?
Old 22-05-2013, 17:57   #19

Much better! You might even escape the wrath of the Californian and East Coast Trust Fund Hippies lurking in PT attempting to varnish yachts for the extra money their herbal habits require. Remember, you're not competing, just forced to be get dirty waiting for the check! (Just joking folks.........say do I have to cross the Straights without stopping by again?)
Old 22-05-2013, 17:59   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
That's more like it! But where are the bare breasted beauties?
I'd tell you but they loot the boats that run aground trying to get a better look....
Old 23-05-2013, 09:29   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

That would be the Dire Straits of What De Fuca, the primary entrance to the Pungent Sound, correct? And don't try to fool us senormechanico, we know that you know the shallow waters very well.
Old 23-05-2013, 09:49   #22

I can tell you know these waters well as that is what I say when finding calm where there should be wind or a gale when NOAA says just a breeze....

Seriously, I love PT....there was only that small misunderstanding when I was paid an enormous sum for mushrooms and couldn't understand the excitement when the bag I got from Safeway was opened...I thought they just didn't want to run an errand in the rain but fortunately I was docked with slip knots....which reminds me the holding ground for anchoring there isn't that great so be careful....
Old 23-05-2013, 09:49   #23
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier MK2 View Post
I'd tell you but they loot the boats that run aground trying to get a better look....
LOLOL
I only draw 18 inches with the boards up...

Old 23-05-2013, 09:58   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
LOLOL
I only draw 18 inches with the boards up...

Well, I'm finishing up the new interior layout on the Nicol....more ergonomic as the looting involved plundering something called the family jewels....Roy knows these Amazons well....A lesser man might have had trouble walking again.....
Old 23-05-2013, 09:59   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I'm limited by three feet of draft to the minikeel, and the fact that the beauties pose themselves just out of reach. But sometimes they can be enticed to approach nearer....
Old 23-05-2013, 20:58   #26

Roy, I'm not as pure of heart you. While I manage to not get involved in most of the temptations I'm afraid my PNW native condition kicks in when around the ladies. Like many born in the land of mist, fog and hope for a sunny day I suffer from the opposite of SAD.

Yes, at times I'm afflicted with HAPPY-Heroically Attempting Protracted Partnership Yet again.....Fortunately between sailing, music and hanging a sign that says "If you can get arrested it isn't work, it's crime." I manage to stay single.......which is why I keep working on getting into shallower water!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: