Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2012, 05:49   #31

Boat: Corsair F31"Susan C" & Sea Pearl 21"Maggie"
Re: Trailerable Trimarans

Ocean Girl,
My V berth is 90 inches long(71/2ft) with 42 inches at the shoulders and 16inches at your feet. I'm a small guy at 5ft 10in. and 152lbs but my girlfriend is not small and there is plenty of room. Head room is only 6ft in the salon so your guy will not be comfy below. If you find yourself in this area you can see my boat and compare to the aft cabin Ship of Fools which is only 20 min away or 2hrs with a fresh breeze.
For those who may be interested, Ship of Fools, an early F-31 center cockpit is a whole lot of boat at a very good price. 16inch minimum draft, sail in 3ft, fold on the water to 9ft for berthing and capable of speeds in excess of 20knts while staying dry up to about 17. Dave
DaveOnCudjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 21:28   #32

great weekend on the water - we had our annual "three bridge fiasco" yesterday on SF Bay. As the name implies, you round 3 marks near three major bridges, and start in either direction, and round the marks in any direction. We finished 35 of 294 boats. Felt pretty good about that result - but it was a multihull favored race(8-12 knots, flat water, lots of close reaching), we finished 10th of 21 multis. It's a reverse handicap pursuit race, with the start times staggered so that the finish time is not adjusted. Even beat a couple Corsair 31s (who started after us) - they chased us the whole way, getting ahead on occasion but we held them off.
HapaPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 08:03   #33

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaPops View Post
great weekend on the water - we had our annual "three bridge fiasco" yesterday on SF Bay. As the name implies, you round 3 marks near three major bridges, and start in either direction, and round the marks in any direction. We finished 35 of 294 boats. Felt pretty good about that result - but it was a multihull favored race(8-12 knots, flat water, lots of close reaching), we finished 10th of 21 multis. It's a reverse handicap pursuit race, with the start times staggered so that the finish time is not adjusted. Even beat a couple Corsair 31s (who started after us) - they chased us the whole way, getting ahead on occasion but we held them off.
Sweet, glad you had a blast.

How big is your vberth? Do you have a blog?
Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog
Old 30-01-2012, 08:46   #34

A blog, I should have a blog shouldn't I. Was thinking about that, but no. Not at the moment anyway.

Here's a boat review: Contour 34 SC

I could head up to the boat to figure out the v-berth length.
Old 12-02-2012, 17:51   #35

Hi Mrs Rain Dog - well - wouldn't you know I didn't have a tape measure on the boat? Here are the estimate. forward width 24". There is a small cabinet at the narrow end. Width at the wide end is close to 48". Overall length is about 6'5". All measurements + or - a couple inches, except the length which is at least 1 foot taller than me, at 5'7"

Headroom in the main salon is supposed to be 6'2", while headroom in the passage forward of the salon, next to the daggerboard trunk, (with a door) is about 5' 9".

I've have some video of us sailing today if you're interested.
Greg

mitch dot sailing at gmail dot com
Old 22-03-2012, 13:42   #36

Boat: Endeavour 43, Contour 34sc, J/35, Hobie 33, Helms 30, Hobie 18 and Hobie Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOnCudjoe View Post
Ocean Girl,
My V berth is 90 inches long(71/2ft) with 42 inches at the shoulders and 16inches at your feet. I'm a small guy at 5ft 10in. and 152lbs but my girlfriend is not small and there is plenty of room. Head room is only 6ft in the salon so your guy will not be comfy below. If you find yourself in this area you can see my boat and compare to the aft cabin Ship of Fools which is only 20 min away or 2hrs with a fresh breeze.
For those who may be interested, Ship of Fools, an early F-31 center cockpit is a whole lot of boat at a very good price. 16inch minimum draft, sail in 3ft, fold on the water to 9ft for berthing and capable of speeds in excess of 20knts while staying dry up to about 17. Dave
Is Ship of Fools still for sale? I was wondering if there is standing 6ft head room in the head on the 31CC? Why are some 31CC have a separate head vs some have a small head under the v-birth? Is Ship of Fools listed anywhere so I can take a look at her? Do you have any pics of your boat? Also asking price? Thanks!
HOWERTON76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:06   #37

Price drop on Hapa Girl to $99k. Summer's on the way! Delivery across the country can be arranged.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:13   #38

Boat: Endeavour 43, Contour 34sc, J/35, Hobie 33, Helms 30, Hobie 18 and Hobie Holder

@HapaPops do you have a link for your listing or pics? pm with info! thanks!
HOWERTON76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:45   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
I love the Telstar but was also concerned about the pounding of the sidewalks.
If you are looking at the newer Telestar 28 you need not be worried about pounding as there are nets between the main hull and the amas. The punding is on the solid wing Telestar 26s.

The Telestar 28 has a centerboard vs. a daggerboard (pros and cons to either). It also has a unique folding design that does not increase the LOA or put the sides of the amas in the water. It does not have a head with a door on it and there is not a lot of room for storage on it (or any tri for that matter).

It did seem to me that if one were really doing a lot of lowering and raising of the mast that the Telestar's mast raising system would save a lot of anxiety and tension.

I prefer the F27 with the aft cabin (I'm small enough to sleep there). The head seems more usable and more private. Of course, you do have to get out of the cabin, walk across the cockpit and thru the cabin if you need to pee in the middle of the night.

Finally, the Telestar 28 is not being made anymore and prices seem to be all over the place. That may help you when you are buying but it might hurt you when you are selling. F-boats are more of a commodity and price seems to be closely related to age, salt vs. fresh water, sail inventory, and electronics. There is a sick F-27 that was rebuilt by Randy Smyth and Granger. It's on Yachtworld.

I wish I could spend $100K on oa boat. Have fun.
Coastal.Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 16:24   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal.Sailor View Post
There is a sick F-27 that was rebuilt by Randy Smyth and Granger. It's on Yachtworld.

Duude... it's my boat for sale... thanks for the comps. Please go buy her. the ONLY reason I'm selling is because I'm arthritic and can't move around on the boat well.

at the risk of getting in trouble, here's the link
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989.../United-States
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote