Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-08-2012, 16:13   #1

Tomcat 9.7S

Has anyone seen the Tomcat 9.7S? We have almost narrowed it down to a new Gemini, but the new design of the Tomcat looks great. Just trying to see how it to the 105mc.
gcaskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 19:21   #2

Boat: Mirage 29 - MOXIE
Re: Tomcat 9.7S

I have seen a few TomCat 9.7's at various shows. I was never impressed by the "fit and finish" nor by the layout. I didn't like the big open companionway and the fact you need multiple acrylic pieces (for lack of a better description) to close up the boat. It looked quite flimsy and a real pain to install.

I have heard good things about the TomCat's hull construction. The quality may be superior to the Gemini's but the interior layout and poor finish just turned me off completely. I'm also not enamored with the twin outboard raising system on the TomCat either.

Having said that, TomCat boats have recently launched a new model (the 970 S). They seem added a new sliding glass companionway door and there seem to be some other enhancements over the 9.7s. I'll need to check it out in Annapolis this fall. Hopefully they have resolved a lot of issues and made it a better contender in the small cat market.

We need more cats in that size range.
moxieskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: