Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fethiye Turkey
Boat: Lagoon 440
Posts: 3,164
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Ahhh yes Julie Andrews.......LMAO!!!!
The tune was right the origin wrong ....my bad
__________________

__________________
"Political correctness is a creeping sickness that knows no boundaries"
Lagoon4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17   #17
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 260
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
Multihulls certainly cost more, but I disagree with the contention that they are more worthy.
Then you are wrong.





__________________

__________________
jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:48   #18
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Ahhh yes Julie Andrews.......LMAO!!!!
The tune was right the origin wrong ....my bad
See if this works

Raindrops on hatches and windows with grand views
Four separate cabins and no bathroom big queues
Chandlery packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cups without gimbals and plates that aren't skidding
Cooking while standing and no vicious heeling
Sea birds that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in bikinis who know their right places
Salt spray that stays far away from our faces
Surfing down white caps and speeds that exceed
These are a few of my favorite things

When the wind howls
When the seas build
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01   #19
Registered User
 
S/V Alchemy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Posts: 4,576
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

I assume we are talking about amarous activities?










__________________
Can't sleep? Read www.alchemy2009.blogspot.com for fast relief. Can't read? Avoid www.volumesofsalt.blogspot.com, because it's just personal reviews of sea books.
S/V Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09   #20
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Alchemy View Post
I assume we are talking about amarous activities?


Yes, LOL. That sums it up nicely . A few posters on this thread probably didn't read the very funny link the OP included in his original post 5+ years ago and are attempting a thread drift:
Multihulls Are For Lovers from Multihulls Magazine
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:11   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fethiye Turkey
Boat: Lagoon 440
Posts: 3,164
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
See if this works

Raindrops on hatches and windows with grand views
Four separate cabins and no bathroom big cues
Chandlery packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cups without gimbals and plates that aren't skidding
Cooking while standing and no vicious heeling
Sea birds that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in bikinis who know their right places
Salt spray that stays far away from our faces
Surfing down white caps and speeds that exceed
These are a few of my favorite things

When the wind howls
When the seas build
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]
YOU NAILED IT, we are laughing our heads off here
__________________
"Political correctness is a creeping sickness that knows no boundaries"
Lagoon4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28   #22
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
YOU NAILED IT, we are laughing our heads off here
You need to be bouncing up and down on a horizontal bed (maybe with a little dance in the cockpit in between verses) to make this performance truly authentic. It didn't quite work here on our monohull when I tried it out, but let me know how it goes on your boat.
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36   #23
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fethiye Turkey
Boat: Lagoon 440
Posts: 3,164
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

REALITY = In cockpit in this Marina where we are the only inhabited boat pulling our water maker apart on the cockpit table with a rum and coke (no ice it's 6deg) and Jimmy Barnes belting out of the speakers...........Cheers
__________________
"Political correctness is a creeping sickness that knows no boundaries"
Lagoon4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:18   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: kefalonia ,ionian islands
Boat: Solaris Sunstar 38, Wild Honey
Posts: 149
Images: 1
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
See if this works

Raindrops on hatches and windows with grand views
Four separate cabins and no bathroom big cues
Chandlery packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cups without gimbals and plates that aren't skidding
Cooking while standing and no vicious heeling
Sea birds that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in bikinis who know their right places
Salt spray that stays far away from our faces
Surfing down white caps and speeds that exceed
These are a few of my favorite things

When the wind howls
When the seas build
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]
Beautiful !
__________________
gramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:07   #25
DRS
Registered User
 
DRS's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Boat: Lagoon 380
Posts: 351
Images: 7
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Well Done Seaworthy Lass. Of course I'll spend the next week with the dam tune in my head now
__________________
You can sail anywhere on the planet and never be more than 7 miles from land - it might be straight down, but its never more than seven miles
DRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:27   #26
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'
Posts: 1,273
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
It sure looks like the real reason to me Multihulls Are For Lovers from Multihulls Magazine Mudnut.

Honestly, I'm not sure that multihulls do cost more - not for similar sized boats of similar style and quality.

If there is a big variance, I think it's mostly a temporary one that is related to the increasing interest in multihulls, perhaps contributing to an increasing glut of monohulls.

However, I think the excessively rapid growth of the charter fleets is going to quickly reverse any such inequity.
__________________
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:56   #27
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

There are recent multihulls that will point with good monos, but admittedly most will not. Even so, on a triangular course with equal legs up/down/across wind, multis will win more often than not. They tend to float better when holed, and are much less likely to be rolled in a beam breaking sea (less keel to trip over).
__________________
websailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 21:18   #28
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,895
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by websailr View Post
.... They tend to float better when holed, and are much less likely to be rolled in a beam breaking sea (less keel to trip over).
You're talking about the boat...right??
__________________
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 23:49   #29
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Quote:
Originally Posted by websailr View Post
......They tend to float better when holed, and are much less likely to be rolled in a beam breaking sea (less keel to trip over).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
You're talking about the boat...right??
It was the first bit of websailr's comment that had me very confused :

Quote:
Originally Posted by websailr View Post
There are recent multihulls that will point with good monos, but admittedly most will not.....
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 00:53   #30
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MIAMI, FL
Boat: Prout 35
Posts: 34
pirate Re: The real reason Multihull's are worth more

Your tune is so funny, but so true, I often sail alone and after owning several mono's I bought a old prout. I love it will never go back.... far to many reasons to list. Winds changing heading for westend from Miami Tuesday ..anyone going that way?
__________________

__________________
crazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The real cost of solar power? hellosailor Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar 99 22-09-2007 03:19



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:14.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.