Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 17:51   #481

Boat: Fuji 45'
Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
That was first foray into the SA world. Wow....BRUTAL! I kinda liked it! Lol
Old 05-10-2013, 17:56   #482

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: The Flyin Hawaiian is gone!

SA is not for the weak.
Old 05-10-2013, 17:59   #483

Boat: 22' Westerly Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverChick71 View Post
Kinky?

Whip me...

Beat Me...

Make me write bad checks!

Old 05-10-2013, 18:01   #484

Send a message via Yahoo to DiverChick71 Send a message via Skype™ to DiverChick71
Reading it sort of left like I was at work. I'm on lunch now. But two hours into my shift, I had already been called several expletives and was told by a patient that she had a shotgun at home and would be back later to blow my brains out. Fortunately...she's not going home. Ah. I love my job.

Ok...it's sort of sad. I really don't feel sorry for FH because he was warned repeatedly by people with good intentions. He really should just get it up the delta and live on it.
Old 05-10-2013, 23:15   #485
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garbone View Post
Seems the he has to leave in a week per harbor master. That's what I gather anyway.
He's anchored out (not in a marina) amongst a community of many dozens of other permanent anchor-outs. Don't know who could force him to go.

His story is he's too broke to continue on and that his wife, son and mother have left the boat. Suddenly it dawns on him and his family that this grand adventure isn't financially solvent and everybody abandons ship? I don't buy it.

It could be (as some have inferred) that he's got more legal trouble bearing down on him.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 23:21   #486
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverChick71 View Post
Yeah, it's a place where you can say pretty much whatever you want and the moderation policy (if there is one) is definitely laissez-faire . Unlike some forums I could mention. Definitely not for little old ladies or others with rice paper fragile sensibilities.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 00:52   #487

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Yeah, it's a place where you can say pretty much whatever you want and the moderation policy (if there is one) is definitely laissez-faire . Unlike some countries I could mention. Definitely not for little old ladies or others with rice paper fragile sensibilities
Let me correct that for you Thankfully there are still some countries that do encourage visiting yachts providing you don't overstay your welcome. However, it assumes you can actually make your boat move under its own steam.

SA, well I used to belong to a US technical diving forum in the early days of the net which made SA look like a kindergarden. I gave up when a someone in the US decided how I (living in another country) would configure my diving equipment because his way was the only way. I thought he was a twat (name for pregnant fish btw)

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:35   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Let me correct that for you Thankfully there are still some countries that do encourage visiting yachts providing you don't overstay your welcome. However, it assumes you can actually make your boat move under its own steam. SA, well I used to belong to a US technical diving forum in the early days of the net which made SA look like a kindergarden. I gave up when a someone in the US decided how I (living in another country) would configure my diving equipment because his way was the only way. I thought he was a twat (name for pregnant fish btw) Pete
DIR huh? Met many through diving. It has it's pluses...in that every diver (in theory) is intimately and immediately aware of their partners gear configuration and (in theory) has a better chance of rescue in a dicey technical glitch. I never could buy into it tho. I like my split fins too much. :-).

Divers and sailors have a lot in common. A very opinionated group.
Old 06-10-2013, 15:57   #489

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

FH, all the grief if prying paparazzi without the fortune of fame. SA reminds me a bit of our congress, a lot of hot air and not much to show for themselves.
Old 06-10-2013, 17:03   #490

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Yeah, it's a place where you can say pretty much whatever you want and the moderation policy (if there is one) is definitely laissez-faire . Unlike some forums I could mention. Definitely not for little old ladies or others with rice paper fragile sensibilities.
I like it a lot. Free speech and all that.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 17:48   #491

Boat: Key West 2020 CC

"I like it a lot. Free speech and all that. "

And lots of tata's.
Old 06-10-2013, 17:59   #492

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

I must admit that I have been lurking on SA in order to follow the saga of the FH. There has been some factual reporting there, buried in an incredible (to me) morass of juvenile name calling and high school sexuality. Just not my cup of tea...

Once the FH story is all told, I doubt if I will return to those pages, even as a lurker.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 06-10-2013, 18:03   #493

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
I must admit that I have been lurking on SA in order to follow the saga of the FH. There has been some factual reporting there, buried in an incredible (to me) morass of juvenile name calling and high school sexuality. Just not my cup of tea...

Once the FH story is all told, I doubt if I will return to those pages, even as a lurker.

Cheers,

Jim
Jim, you are right. There are all the facts one could wish on there. And people ready and willing to help. At least a while back anyway.

It is hard to muddle through though.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01   #494

Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"

I lurk on that SA thread, too. I was astonished to discover that one can view pictures of naked and semi-naked women on the internet! Who knew? I thought the internet was all about boats.
Cormorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44   #495

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

He has to do the hard part himself - decide whether or not this adventure is over.

After that, I'm sure that people will be happy to help him in whatever way they can. God knows plenty of folks have had a few good chuckles at his expense.

I read his quotes, and he seems earnest, though clearly unhappy and disgruntled about how things have gone.

Many great adventures have ended in disaster, many fortunes have been lost and regained. There are many stories of people making great accomplishments after experiencing epic failures. The hard part is admitting that you have to start over, especially when you feel like you don't have time to start over.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii