Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2008, 03:33   #76

Boat: Trismus 37
perhaps age is mellowing us!
Steve Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 03:42   #77

...how can you tell the best NZ sailors?........they get paid in swiss francs......
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 12:49   #78

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
I have seen one mono-v-multi brawl. Quickly settled when all the mono men ran to one wall, bar tilted, multi's joined them.
Satisfaction all round.
A rubber is use to erase in the UK, A rubber is a 'Durex' by trade name, Hoover cleans the floor and Aussi's use tippex on their VDU's. Love is a strange thing, we can't get New Zealand lanb over here any more. Have I missed any one out. Oh. Just the Yanks. Never mind. They'll turn up too late again.
Apologies for english humour, please don't be offended.
Old 20-05-2008, 02:08   #79
Marine Service Provider

I've been thinking about this today, it's not often you see such a public out pouring of 'feel the love' amongst a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis. The cricket thing was inevitable and I did like the AC comment, nice work.

I thought hard and long, OK then, 3 minutes and can only conclude that yachties;

- will merrily mow you down in the carpark on the rush back to the bar after a race.
- may try to rip body parts off if you criticize the number of hulls he does or doesn't have
- will smile as they throw an uppercut at someone who said their anchor was crap
- will bleat and moan if you touch their beers, dingy, dog and even some if you touch their wife strangely.
- will complain about the price of fuel even when many of the fizz nasties (stinkboaters to some) aren't.
- will bitch their sails didn't stand up as long as they hoped, 'Did I get ripped off?', even after doing 'only' 50,000 miles
- will get most pissed at having 25kt head winds for a day even after just having 2 weeks with it off the aft 1/4
- will bitch about just about anything and anyone at anytime

BUT and it's a biggie

- will also at the drop of a hat fire off at speed to another, who the chances are they would know less about than they do a peppermint, who maybe in need in anyway. Often putting themselves and their home at big physical risk.

That is seriously cool, good on all of us.

So I can only conclude Aussie cruisers might just be OK and CF is just hiding their flaws and the reason behind the strange love they have for that spring loaded rat they have as a national animal.

Back at ya Cooper :kissy:
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 02:26   #80
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
We have one good thing in common with our Ozzy bro's though. We don't cause thread drift like those yanks do. ;-) :-)

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 04:14   #81

Well mr Gmac and I say again well.....If you get through customs.....I would happily shout you a meal. This will explain our love . You can have "The coat of arms grill" this delicate piece of Oz barbecue incorporates succulent portions of roo, neatly balance with mouth watering emu. As an addition to this truly special cuisine is the possibility of croc,and buffalo...wild of course. Wombat and possum are another possibility. Which is a point I would like to mention. (and have done before) we where so gracious in providing you with a plethera of possum only for you to snub them as a tasty morsel.

Your kiwi could only provide the most rediculous of small drum sticks....no wait it dosnt fly...and you deem to criticize ?

To Alan re off post ...wernt we talking about recipes ?
Old 20-05-2008, 08:14   #82

This might get lost at the end of this lengthy post, but the recent controversies reminded me of a very funny roster of personalities found on message boards, "Flame Warriors":
Flame Warriors Home

Brett (a Centurian)
LtBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 08:27   #83

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler View Post
We have one good thing in common with our Ozzy bro's though. We don't cause thread drift like those yanks do. ;-) :-)
Hey now, be nice! You know that's not true!

While we are on this topic, does anyone know why Yanmar replaced the 124450-35100 with a 119305-35151?

and all that...
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 00:24   #84
Marine Service Provider

Ah Mr Cooper Sir, I'd like to inform you that kiwis don't fly but can run real fast hence they have pretty damn good drumsticks. Sadly most have already been eaten so I can't tell you how they taste. While I have and really enjoyed Roo, Emu and Croc I have yet to experience wild buffalo so I have banked your invite for the tasting in a safe place. Next visit to Melbourne I will make a point of redeeming my buffalo voucher. And I've always want to come out your way anyway. I fly in and out over it and it, for no apparent reason, just seems to be calling me, maybe there is a cluster of Pubs and I'm picking up the vibe

Scotte - On come on everyone knows it was replaced as the colour just like was so wronggg... And please stop thread drifting, maybe Alan was right
Old 21-05-2008, 01:24   #85

Boat: Searunner 34 and Searunner Constant Camber 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler View Post
We don't cause thread drift like those yanks do. ;-) :-)
Speaking of which, can we get back to the topic of thanking everybody?

No, just kidding.

Maren

The sea is always beautiful, sometimes mysterious and, on occasions, frighteningly powerful.
Maren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 04:19   #86

Mr Gmac and Wheels and evil but thoroughly tantalizing idea is forming in my some what deluded mind...I need to think more about this to make is possible....but it a kind of cross Taz pact.....hmmmm.....will let you know further.....
Old 21-05-2008, 12:51   #87
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: PDQ 36 & Atlantic 42
Thank you, LtBrett for a wonderful site. It made my favorites list.
sandy daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 14:10   #88

You're very welcome, Sandy. Now if you could only spell your last name correctly.

Brett Dougherty
LtBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 14:34   #89
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: PDQ 36 & Atlantic 42
We're Irish. You antecedants were upstanding Catholics, mine were Protestant Horsethieves.
sandy daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 00:01   #90
Marine Service Provider

As thread drifts go this one is coming along very well

horsethieves and spellings, very good