I've been thinking about this today, it's not often you see such a public out pouring of 'feel the love' amongst a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis. The cricket thing was inevitable and I did like the AC comment, nice work.
I thought hard and long, OK then, 3 minutes and can only conclude that yachties;
- will merrily mow you down in the carpark on the rush back to the bar after a race
- may try to rip body parts
off if you criticize the number of hulls he does or doesn't have
- will smile as they throw an uppercut at someone who said their anchor
- will bleat and moan if you touch their beers, dingy, dog and even some if you touch their wife strangely.
- will complain about the price
even when many of the fizz nasties (stinkboaters to some) aren't.
- will bitch their sails
didn't stand up as long as they hoped, 'Did I get ripped off?', even after doing 'only' 50,000 miles
- will get most pissed at having 25kt head
winds for a day even after just having 2 weeks with it off the aft 1/4
- will bitch about just about anything and anyone at anytime
BUT and it's a biggie
- will also at the drop of a hat fire off at speed to another, who the chances are they would know less about than they do a peppermint, who maybe in need in anyway. Often putting themselves and their home at big physical risk.
That is seriously cool, good on all of us.
So I can only conclude Aussie cruisers might just be OK and CF is just hiding their flaws and the reason behind the strange love they have for that spring loaded rat they have as a national animal.
Back at ya Cooper