Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 17-05-2008, 01:39   #46
Marine Service Provider

Boat: R930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler View Post
Only if you promise to take Auntie Helen as well.
Actually, what you do is buy the country, take as much money out of it as you can, let it all run down till none of it works anymore, then Auntie Helen and Uncle Micheal will buy it back from you for more than you paid and will take all the debt as well. I tell ya, we kiwis are an obliging bunch. But the sheep jokes don't work anymore. They are getting rather rare here now. Mostly dairy now.
You're spot on there Wheels. If it wasn't for the NZ Government many large Aussie companies would be stone broke. It'll be a shame to see them all jump back across the ditch later this year when the government changes. At least we'll be able to lie back and enjoy a long tall cool glass of fresh water rather than recycled tailings from a Uranium mine or local oxidation pond

Old 17-05-2008, 02:37   #47

...ouch ...no I mean really ouch ....I mean dont you understand that if we dont dig the place up, wreck large tracts of land, and sell off our minerals for bargain basement prices then it would not be possible for a few individuals to make vast amounts of money for a short period. sometimes MrGmac you just push buttons...... ; )

Old 17-05-2008, 04:57   #48
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Corsair Dash MKII
Quote:
Only if you promise to take Auntie Helen as well.
Actually, what you do is buy the country, take as much money out of it as you can, let it all run down till none of it works anymore, then Auntie Helen and Uncle Micheal will buy it back from you for more than you paid and will take all the debt as well. I tell ya, we kiwis are an obliging bunch. But the sheep jokes don't work anymore. They are getting rather rare here now. Mostly dairy now.
Problem is the earwax eater will probably ruin my financial plans this side of the tasman. Still its a deal worth considering.

Hope to be in Otago next year for the Otago rally (thats cars), been to the North Island a bit, rarely get to the south island.

As for the sheep jokes, sorry - I know their old, I know you've heard all before - but its my duty to wind you up about it.

And I know I shouldnt be so sexist - but like - how ugly is that woman, and the voice - I swear to god piggy muldoon was more attractive.
Old 17-05-2008, 14:43   #49
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
If you want to wind a Kiwi up, just mention under arm bowling. If anyone wants to know the start of Oz/NZ tensions, that was the start of it all right there. Feb 1, 1981, Benson & Hedges world cup at the MCG :-) All true Kiwi's have that date firmly etched in our memories, and we shall never forget. :-)
For those curious in knowing what I am talking about. Underarm bowling incident of 1981 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 15:05   #50
Marine Service Provider

They got a Wiki thingy on that? Should I suspect it wasn't an Aussie who put that up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
...ouch ...no I mean really ouch ....I mean dont you understand that if we dont dig the place up, wreck large tracts of land, and sell off our minerals for bargain basement prices then it would not be possible for a few individuals to make vast amounts of money for a short period. sometimes MrGmac you just push buttons...... ; )
You sound sceptical about your beloved leaders intentions there Cooper. Gee, I wonder why the populace on either side of the ditch are like that? Surely your politicians are straight up honest never tell a lie but have surprisingly weird bursts of memory lose just like ours.

We are in the season where ours think we are are wonderful lovely people who are just hanging to hear more utterings from them even though we are know it's a pile of Bullpooh. Election years.
Old 17-05-2008, 17:37   #51
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van DeStat Super Dogger 31'
Quote:
If you want to wind a Kiwi up, just mention under arm bowling. If anyone wants to know the start of Oz/NZ tensions, ....
Quite a bit like the multi / mono thing....soooorrry, just trying to find a way to bring this thread back to boating and was the best I could think of - not very good I know
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 17:53   #52

Boat: Trismus 37
Yeah what has aunty Helen go to do with boating!!! unless she is going to do a Muldoon and put 20% on all yachting equipment and new builds.
Re the darstadley Aussies, you know what aussie sheila's have to be thankful for???
scroll down if you dare!

That sheep can't cook!!
Old 17-05-2008, 17:59   #53
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Ha! I got that one!

Whoa! I'm starting to understand down-under-speak! Scary!!!!
Old 17-05-2008, 21:53   #54
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Quite a bit like the multi / mono thing....soooorrry, just trying to find a way to bring this thread back to boating and was the best I could think of - not very good I know
You're probably a lot less likely to lose an eye or suffer extensive injuries staying with NZ V's AUS. Those Mono-Multi guys aren't taking any prisoners
Old 17-05-2008, 21:55   #55
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hey Folks I am really sorry for allowing political rubbish to stand. It really is just Kiwi tongue in cheek. But if anyone objects, I will happily remove th...oops..I mean it.

Old 17-05-2008, 22:16   #56
Marine Service Provider

I've seen more than a few bits of biffo in yacht clubs over the years and the number of those that were NZ V's AUS based would easy be 100 to 1 probably more, then Mono V's Multis. Actually I can't remember a M V's M biffo, if I've ever seen one. The Kiwi and Aussies troops rock up to the start the next morning all mates again, as always.

Maybe some could do well to see how Kiwis live with the Aussies without tearing each others throats out at the drop of a hat. Ok... not so much 'live' but at least 'tolerate'
Old 17-05-2008, 22:35   #57
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
If you want to wind a Kiwi up, just mention under arm bowling. If anyone wants to know the start of Oz/NZ tensions, that was the start of it all right there. Feb 1, 1981, Benson & Hedges world cup at the MCG :-) All true Kiwi's have that date firmly etched in our memories, and we shall never forget. :-)
For those curious in knowing what I am talking about. Underarm bowling incident of 1981 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How typical - Another country plays by the rules, and the Kiwis get cranky
Old 17-05-2008, 23:10   #58
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

How do you mean "by the rules"? As the British saying goes, "It just isn't cricket ole chap".

Old 18-05-2008, 00:41   #59
Marine Service Provider

Because it was a ;legal delivery within the rules as they then were. Had it not been a legal delivery then the umpires would have called it a no ball, indeed the australian captain even informed the umpire. Bad form - maybe?, unsporting, probably, but definately legal.

Wanna talk poor sportsman ship - make sure we discuss Michael Fay. (that should at least get this discussion back onto a multihull theme).
Old 18-05-2008, 04:14   #60

wooah...I dont think we need to go so far as discussing sport....do we ?...lets except the fact that NZ was a state of Australia until we kindly decided that they needed their own independence. (see Australian constitution)...One of the best things about the aussie /NZ relationship is that our young folk run backwards and forwards doing the "grass is greener on the other side" thing to discover that it isnt. Different yes, better no. With out a doubt the most wonderful thing about the aussie /NZ relationship is that we take pride in giving each other crap and compliments.....but look out if you think we are anything other than close brothers......the sum of two is a powerful thing !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: