Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2016, 19:35   #121

Boat: Endeavour 40, Sold, looking for a 44'-50 cat or mono.
Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

I think a lot of people are overlooking their ability to work/sail together and stay friendly/happy. By that i mean they both sail and navagate, they comunicate with body language ect.... thats pretty rare/hard to do and they as a young couple seem to be flawless at it! By the way my wife and my adult daughter both feel Riley is much more eye candy than elayna!
svGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 19:44   #122

Boat: Harbor 20, Seawind 1370 (2024)

Congrats to them! I'm sure it's hard work, would be interested in a "behind the scenes" episodes from one of these couples.

What I find fascinating is the evolution of the art form, in the early days everyone would watch almost any Go Pro video because it was new and different. Now there are millions of them and it takes a lot more work to do something interesting. Drone videos are the not new thing, will also get old soon. SLV, s/v Delos, Gone with the Wynns, etc put a lot of work in, but as more people do it, competition will grow, so they will have to keep innovating, or their viewership (and income) will stall and fade.

I ask myself if I were to do this, what would be my angle? what would be different than the folks out there. Is it personality? Is it content? Are these "what happened last week" or are they authored storylines?

What do you want to see different? New ideas?
Mark424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 20:21   #123

Boat: Aloha 34

New boat! Fantastic! The vids about the experience and adjustment will be interesting, no doubt!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 20:56   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fai Tira View Post
To be honest I dont find them very inspiring.

And that doesnt mean I'm envious in any way.

I do like the way they opened up the mind of many people that there are alternative ways of financing your cruising however there are other channels that make it look like much more attainable like White Spot Pirates for example.

She's solo and she's doing all the mechanic, rigging all by herself I find this really inspiring.

The most important is to be on the water anyway
Second that. I do like the Lavag's. Down to earth straight up Ozies. The German girl from White Spot Pirates is absolutely amazing. I never forget when she hauled out hear newly purchased older boat and found the aluminum hull was peppered with small holes. It was incredible to watch her pull herself together after finding what could have been the end of her dreams and roll up her sleeves and work like a dog to scrub and weld her boat.

I have such respect for her. As for the LA Vagabond. May the keep smiling and bringing happiness to all their viewers.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 22:22   #125

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
OMG OMG OMG, I did not know Orlando Bloom and Celine Dion had a cat !!!

b.
Now that's funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Regardless what boat they are in, they make very enjoyable videos. I look forward each week when the post.

I know no other you tube channel with that many followers.
Well...sure is better than the Delos crowd acting parts and thanking contibutors for the beer they're drinking. The laugh is on the donors...good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
"Reality" used to mean, something was "Real" and not a production for marketing purposes.

Nothing personal, but I find these vblog and reality show productions just boring after about the 3rd episode.
I know. Hard to say if this will be a passing fad or if we have to share anchorages with filming crews.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 23:51   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter57 View Post
A long time sailing friend lived next door to John Glennie who spent a couple of months on his multi off of New Zealand not pleasantly though living on the bottom of the boat, change of opinion may be on multi's dealing with MPS waves he stated when asked.
Do you think you could repeat that in English? Or something resembling it?

If you're referring to the Rose Noelle story, I'm pretty sure John Glennie bought himself another trimaran.

Steve Callahan, another long term survivor at sea, (around 6 months in a liferaft after his mono sank) became a multihull sailor too.

Anyway, maybe since you dislike cat's so much you could simply stay out of the multihull forum?

There seems to be a lot of sheer naked jealousy in this thread. It's not attractive.

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 00:22   #127

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Do you sail a mono or a multi? Are you on a shoestring budget or have the means not to turn every penny you spend twice? Do you like cruising in comfort or are you more the utilitarian sailor? Rich, poor, old, young, black, white, yellow, gay straight ... WHO CARES!!!!

Go out and enjoy cruising.

Congratulation to those who found an angle to finance the lifestyle they seek - and can afford what they want. Be it a monohull, a multihull or whatever rocks your boat . You are always welcome for a sundowner in my place - as long you have good stories to tell!
Old 22-09-2016, 01:16   #128

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post

If you're referring to the Rose Noelle story, I'm pretty sure John Glennie bought himself another trimaran.

Steve Callahan, another long term survivor at sea, (around 6 months in a liferaft after his mono sank) became a multihull sailor too.

Anyway, maybe since you dislike cat's so much you could simply stay out of the multihull forum?

There seems to be a lot of sheer naked jealousy in this thread. It's not attractive.
The uote would definitely have been difficult to decifer unless the readers were familar with John Glennies story. I think he put it in a book.

But then again telling part of the story only and second hand may support a line of discussion/argument better.
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 01:28   #129

Boat: 1980 Aloha 34

I am happy for Elayna and Riley. It's not like they had a master plan for this to happen. They worked hard, put out a quality product and it has paid off.

Watched when they had a mono. Will watch when they have a multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
BionicT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 05:00   #130

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Do you sail a mono or a multi? Are you on a shoestring budget or have the means not to turn every penny you spend twice? Do you like cruising in comfort or are you more the utilitarian sailor? Rich, poor, old, young, black, white, yellow, gay straight ... WHO CARES!!!!

Go out and enjoy cruising.

Congratulation to those who found an angle to finance the lifestyle they seek - and can afford what they want. Be it a monohull, a multihull or whatever rocks your boat . You are always welcome for a sundowner in my place - as long you have good stories to tell!
This. ^^^^^^

I'm actually looking forward to them spending video time showing us the ins & outs of their new multi, and would find it odd if they didn't. Whether some think it's "unseemly promotion" for Outremer or not seems pretty silly. Like many of us, I'm always curious about cruising boats that are different from mine, and regrettably know little about multi-hulls. I'm sure once they become familiar & comfortable with their new boat they will return to more sailing/diving/exploring themes. Good for them and good for Outremer!
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 05:59   #131

Boat: 1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyman1122 View Post
Too bad your prejudice is showing. Who cares what type of boat? It's about the people.

Reading through all these comments I see those hiding their jealousy by complain this will change the couple, that the videos will now be about different things.

Got news for you folks. Nothing in life is static. People change, as do their desires. Ask yourself this, if you were in their shoes and such an opportunity came along, would you pass it up? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

Sent from my ME173X using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
I see my sarcastic humour has been wasted on you
mottseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 06:04   #132
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

Quote:

I sometimes wonder if we are reading the same thread.. my impression is 95%-5% Positive - Negative..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 06:46   #133

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicT View Post
I am happy for Elayna and Riley. It's not like they had a master plan for this to happen. They worked hard, put out a quality product and it has paid off.

Watched when they had a mono. Will watch when they have a multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Same here.

Video editing and production is not only mad crazily hard work it's also extremely laborious. Having to constantly stop doing whatever it is your doing and set up the camera and film and refilm is a pain. It's precisely because of this that I haven't got nearly as much video footage of my trips as I wanted.

Good on them.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 07:19   #134

Wink Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

Quote:

WOW, in my first thread, I threw a tiny bit of bait and caught a few whoppers.

Then I returned with the reasons for my preference of owning the boat i do and coped more. Then quoting John Glennie, presumably I have read a book, which I have not, but have read a magazine article sent by my friends mother to him with an over right letter with Johns account. John used to live at Broadwater on the northern NSW coast Aust. waterfront on the Richmond river just north of the township next door to the Brownhills, he was a friend of John Hitch, which might ring a bell with a cat sailer, whom I met in 1991 in the Pioneer river Mackay I owned a H28 then (Kimiri) and John had a really different looking Cat called Wired if my memory is correct it was 60ft and he only lived in one hull. I was talked out of building one of his designs "33ft Cat" and into the H28.

Should I stay out of the multihull section when I owned one for six years 2002-2009 (Arc of Infinity) Trimaran 33ft Ocean racer "Crowther" a super modified take of a twiggy.

I do not know how to say sorry to you and two others because my cruising preference is 100% Mono Strong with an easy to use rig.

If I owned a Cruising Cat I would not be embarrassed and attack people, I'd Just be Disappointed.

I can now feel the reel starting to hum.

Cheers and take it easy.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/images/icons/icon12.gif
peter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 08:01   #135
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter57 View Post
WOW, in my first thread, I threw a tiny bit of bait and caught a few whoppers.........

I can now feel the reel starting to hum.

Cheers and take it easy.
Sometimes you're better off to "catch and release."
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote