Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 17:58   #16

Re: Sunreef 62 - has anyone seen one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captlloyd View Post
I would question some of this information, do much more research. However, dockage will be more expensive due to beam and also more limited too.
Well, there's no doubt dockage and hauling out (where available) will be more expensive, just not 10 times more expensive that 50ft boat, I hope?
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 18:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinta Ray View Post
Sounds like they may be the same as the big Catanas, so much freeboard that you can't get dock lines on. Too far to try and jump down from the bows even if you're young, the only way off is via the rear steps down the transom of each hull and still an effort to depart on to the dock. The only way to pen one is to reverse in (carefully)
I guess, considering what other are saying (steep dockage fees) it would be kept anchored most of the time anyway
Old 01-12-2016, 18:53   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero76 View Post
Are there any other down sides?
We also really don't like galley up...too much wasted space. Rather have more lounging space for cool rainy days.

A small wet bar with a small sink,fridge,blender, etc but no galley. Most cooking is done on the BBQ outside and the pressure cooker can either plug in (anywhere) or be on the BBQ side burner.
DaveWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 18:56   #19

Quote from this charter:
"S/Y SOON COME has a crew of 2 who are ready to welcome you on board!"

ie Captain and cook

Catamaran Soon Come - Sunreef 62
Old 01-12-2016, 19:30   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWalters View Post
We also really don't like galley up...too much wasted space. Rather have more lounging space for cool rainy days.

A small wet bar with a small sink,fridge,blender, etc but no galley. Most cooking is done on the BBQ outside and the pressure cooker can either plug in (anywhere) or be on the BBQ side burner.
Quote:
Quote from this charter:
"S/Y SOON COME has a crew of 2 who are ready to welcome you on board!"

ie Captain and cook

Catamaran Soon Come - Sunreef 62
Now that's kind of information I was looking for! Thanks! As for galley up - from what I see, most modern big cats have this setup (or, at least, most models I'm interested in . It has some advantage too - cook doesn't feel disconnected while cooking
Old 02-12-2016, 11:01   #21
Marine Service Provider

I helped deliver the Sunreef 70 that I think AB808 is talking about in Honolulu. There was also a 60 or 62 parked next to it in Honolulu but I heard it was sold. There are things I like and things I don't like. Too many square sharp corners on interior fittings as indicated in the photos in the link. No sea berths except mine in the Captain's Cabin. Stairs to the lower deck in both hulls are Mickey Mouse, not very well made of plywood and very slippery. Nice deck and fly bridge accommodations, enormous stand-up cargo compartment on the foredeck and this one had bow thrusters. Watch out, tricky to learn to operate as the owner found out when maneuvering for a dock. Didn't sail much between Key West and Grand Cayman, super light winds, with thunder storms and heavy rain south of Cuba.
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 16:28   #22

Agree with JM,the interiors are all right angles and sharp which I neglected to mention..I call it the Ikea look. Both my powerboats are all curves everywhere.

Anyways with galley up or down people like different things,like I said before we don't spend tons of time cooking in the kitchen.

On a cold blowy day,few will be outside...looking at the main living area of the S62 is there enough room (if you are full of friends and family with 8 guests) to keep elbows from banging?
If you're not going to have that many guests then it's fine.
Old 02-12-2016, 19:45   #23

Quote:
Agree with JM,the interiors are all right angles and sharp which I neglected to mention..I call it the Ikea look. Both my powerboats are all curves everywhere.
Than again, many if not most modern big cats have such interiors. I guess, these corners which hurt most, will have to be rounded
Old 03-12-2016, 14:15   #24

When they first came out I saw it at the Palm Beach Boat show. I talked to the crew that sailed it over from Europe.

I specifically asked about the sailing speeds. The captain said it was heavy and never got out of single digits, but it was comfortable.
sheldon957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 16:38   #25

I'm wondering if there are different versions with different mast height - less for charter version, more for owner version? Many manufacturers do that.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:27   #26

Whether or not you want to go higher than 9 knots is up to you.
Forgot to mention that we are fans of the flybridge as well. Many cats have the helm against the cabin,with the rest of the aft deck under (hard or soft) cover.

That's fine,but if you want to sit out under the stars you need to go forward,and seating isn't always the best. With the flybridge there is lots of comfy seating for those night caps watching the sun set and the stars come out.
Makes it easier to be single handed it seems.

Just take a look at the cats-numerous-with the exposed helm way out aft and almost on the edge of the hull.

Kinda surprised at the lack of snarky responses...