Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2016, 08:27   #1
smo

Suggestions for anchor bridle for corsair f24

When I anchor my f24 triMaran from the bow cleat the boat sails around quite a bit.
Long ago I read about setting up a bridle from the outer hulls.
Any suggestions on how to do this??
Smo
smo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:47   #2

Re: Suggestions for anchor bridle for corsair f24

On my tri (not a Corsair) I'm putting chocks on the floats and using the forward float cleats. Actually using Antal fairleads.
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 15:39   #3

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Re: Suggestions for anchor bridle for corsair f24

There are 2 f-boat forums on Yahoo Groups. Yahoo is a very poor platform for searching compared to CF but you will find and get good responses by experts to questions about your boat. The F-boat (singular) group is more popular and the designer, Ian Farrier, often answers personal inquiries there. The F-boats (plural) group is much less used. The Yahoo Corsair trimaran group has been abandoned and taken over by dating companies or smut sellers or some such???!!! (I've never paid attention,...... really)

If on a mooring ball overnight or short term I and others rig a tight bridle between the main hull bow cleat and a forward deck eye fitting on one of the floats. The bridle lines are short enough, (~3-5') that the ball can not hit either hull. The reason is that at tide change or tide vs wind the mooring ball can bang up against the hull. I've never tried it in in high winds or my permanent moorage buoy. Other times I rig regular ~15' bridle lines from each float and tied to the main anchor line, (or center hull mooring pennant) with pressik knot slings. I cleat the main anchor line with just a bit of slack to take some strain if the wind pipes up above 10-15 knots. Others at anchor just lead the anchor line or mooring pennant, (no bridle), thru a large snatch block clipped or tied on the end of the bow sprit. Much easier if you sprit is the older style that hinges up vs pokes out of a hole in the bow. I make sure the sprit is supported by a stout halyard and whisker stays. I'm a little leery of this when there is a chance of higher winds, say 15 knots. The Yahoo forums above will have others who have more experience than I who can give you better info. Or it you can figure out how to search the Yahoo forum, (this luddite hasn't yet), that info has surely been discussed before. All these can minimize sailing on the hook. Go experiment till you get confident in your system.

If you are on the left coast, as you say, check out BAMA for SF Bay/NoCal, or NWMA for Pacific NW/Seattle to meet local fboaters and in SoCal Mike Leneman of Multimarine is a great source of info. Might be others too.

Eric, 1996 Corsair F-31.
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, bridle, corsair