Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2013, 03:03   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: Catana 39
Posts: 20
Re: Storing Dinghy on Long Passages

I like the storing in the engine room - I do have plenty of space there!

I assume you have a ledge or board installed to screw the outboard to - no? Picture by any chance?
__________________

__________________
mifi601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 04:28   #17
Registered User
 
dan360's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Boat: Outremer 5X
Posts: 110
Re: Storing Dinghy on Long Passages

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifi601 View Post
I like the storing in the engine room - I do have plenty of space there!

I assume you have a ledge or board installed to screw the outboard to - no? Picture by any chance?
Yes - but don't seem to have a picture of it. We had a cross panel fiber-glassed in the starboard engine room as you say to screw the outboard to. We have a harness for the outboard and use the end of the boom to lift and move it. The fiberglass piece is quite substantial in my case as we have a 20hp honda which is quite heavy (104 lbs).

Here's a picture of the dinghy snugged up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1574.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	59157  
__________________

__________________
dan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 06:48   #18
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: Catana 39
Posts: 20
Re: Storing Dinghy on Long Passages

Thank you!
__________________
mifi601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 06:59   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: W Carib
Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Posts: 7,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan360 View Post

Yes - but don't seem to have a picture of it. We had a cross panel fiber-glassed in the starboard engine room as you say to screw the outboard to. We have a harness for the outboard and use the end of the boom to lift and move it. The fiberglass piece is quite substantial in my case as we have a 20hp honda which is quite heavy (104 lbs).

Here's a picture of the dinghy snugged up:
One concern I would have w dink motor in engine room would be the possibility of gasoline fumes creating a run-away diesel and/or explosion...be careful w that set-up...just a tiny amount of gasoline can create a lot of fumes.
__________________
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 07:11   #20
Registered User
 
dan360's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Boat: Outremer 5X
Posts: 110
Re: Storing Dinghy on Long Passages

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
One concern I would have w dink motor in engine room would be the possibility of gasoline fumes creating a run-away diesel and/or explosion...be careful w that set-up...just a tiny amount of gasoline can create a lot of fumes.
Yes - we run the engine dry (ie disconnect fuel hose rather than turn off ignition) before storing it to do our best with that issue.
__________________

__________________
dan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinghy

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:45.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.