Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2016, 17:42   #1

Snow Goose or a Dean 365

Hello all,

Before you say it,,,I have read all I can find here on both the Prout Snow Goose and the Dean 365.

I ask this question because I have looked at my cruising dream from every angle and come to the following conclusion:

I can wait 3-4 years more and buy a $200k ten year old production cat or quality one off (forget about building 4 years and at least $300k) or I can buy a $50-70k Prout or Dean and cruise now with the money saved invested in a rental property helping to cover the kitty.

SO.... which of these boats sails better and which would be more comfortable for a family of four. Cruising Bahamas, East Coast and Caribbean to start with.

I really would like to hear from people that have actually spent some real time on them.

I have Skippered a Lagoon 400 for a month twice, a Lagoon 450 and a Leopard 39. The Lagoons were nice but seemed to be cheap in the fit and finish. The Leopard sailed well but was beat because it was a Footloose boat.

If you know either of these boats let me know what you think was good and bad. If you know both boats all the better

Thanks
CautionWind is offline   Reply With Quote