Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 07-01-2016, 08:33   #91

Boat: Iroquois MKII Cat
Re: Small Catamarans

Quote:
no set time frame i plan to get the boat in florida or somewhere on the east coast and then sail it to florida and spend a year in florida sailing and outfitting the boat then head for the caribbean.
There is a Sailcraft commanche 32 "Elysium" which has been refit listed in Florida for 39K. They have a blog of their trip through the bahamas on sailblogs. The Comanche is a heavier cruising big brother of the Iroquois with fixed keels and a larger cabin.

Quote:
The MKII and MKIIA had a lower mast as well as some other modifications to make them more stable.
I have an Iroquois MKII, the mast is only 32'.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:50   #92
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

My point was more your claim of a 7 knot average speed which is extremely unlikely for any cat below mid 40 foot range. I cruised some with a Catana 43 and in 40,000 miles he had only a few 200 mile days. I assume he was sailing fairly conservatively, but 7 knots dragging the stern leg with the Genoa furled for days on end seemed way off to me.

Glad you made it safe.

Old 07-01-2016, 14:29   #93

Boat: schionning cosmos 930

Hi Mr B
Good to see your back , How are the repairs going ?All done I hope
still going to the Kimberleys ?
Cheers
Al
Old 07-01-2016, 14:35   #94
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Small Catamarans

A+1... Good to have you back 'B'..

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:56   #95

Boat: porta bote
Thumbs up Re: Small Catamarans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialdan View Post
Hi Mr B
Good to see your back , How are the repairs going ?All done I hope
still going to the Kimberleys ?
Cheers
Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
A+1... Good to have you back 'B'..
What them said Mr.B ^^^^
Fair winds
Martin

so what ?
CHAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 18:57   #96
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Small trimaran, looks like fun:

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 19:03   #97
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
I guess you're not a mathematician either. It's roughly let say 1400 miles from Fiji to bundi. On 21 days? That's damn slow!
It's 1500 miles in a straight line. But you can't sail in a straight line, on the charts there are yellow bits in the way.

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 19:37   #98

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post

Like many (all?) tris it suffers in load carrying capacity, but should have just enough to fit a cold six pack so you can celebrate after lapping the competition

Very cool boat, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-01-2016, 20:22   #99

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
I have no doubt that zero to cruising is in superb condition, but I still seem to recall that several years ago they broke a shroud and the mast came down, fortunately without any significant damage to the hull and deck. Mike and Rebecca can correct me if I am wrong, but as I recall the failed shroud occurred around Grenada (or in SVG).
Southern Star
It has been over a month since you were called on this falsehood. Even when Thinwater called you out on it, you doubled down on it. It took the owners of ZTC to finally get you to acquiesce that maybe you were wrong. But you still did not honor their request to edit your original post. As it stands, that false information is still there. A newbie doing a search on PDQ 32 would see this and get incorrect information. I for one, get really annoyed when someone posts something as fact when they really don't know what they are talking about. I suggest you check your facts before posting something so clearly wrong. We all expect more from someone with the title of "CF Advisor".
Old 27-01-2016, 05:46   #100
smj

Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
Southern Star
It has been over a month since you were called on this falsehood. Even when Thinwater called you out on it, you doubled down on it. It took the owners of ZTC to finally get you to acquiesce that maybe you were wrong. But you still did not honor their request to edit your original post. As it stands, that false information is still there. A newbie doing a search on PDQ 32 would see this and get incorrect information. I for one, get really annoyed when someone posts something as fact when they really don't know what they are talking about. I suggest you check your facts before posting something so clearly wrong. We all expect more from someone with the title of "CF Advisor".

Actually Southern Star admitted he was wrong the day before ZTC posted on this thread. People make mistakes all the time, and anyone reading this thread would realize SS admitted to being incorrect. I believe it's to late to edit the post, only have 10-15 minutes to do that after making the original post?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 27-01-2016, 07:08   #101

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
I believe it's to late to edit the post, only have 10-15 minutes to do that after making the original post?
Anyone seriously looking at that boat ould read the whole thread, so to me this is not an issue.
However Jerry could probably ask the Mods to add a comment to that post, indicating this "fact" was just a failing memory and crrected down below.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:40   #102
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40

Once I was advised that my recollection was faulty, I immediately acknowledged my error. I would be very happy if the mods deleted the post and those related thereto.

Brad
Old 27-01-2016, 07:50   #103

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I realize people make mistakes, sorry Southern Star. But my concern still stands that this incorrect information remains and will probably remain for decades. People use CF to evaluate specific boats. I've looked at 5-10 year old posts to get an idea of the past history of a particular boat. Surveyors and loan officers also look at CF. This particular post does not have the appearance of a vague recollection. There is a specific boat name and specific details that tend to strengthen its authenticity. People may not read the entire thread, and even if they do, doubt is created. I don't know how the editing process works, but as Rabbi said, perhaps the Mods could correct this?
Old 27-01-2016, 07:51   #104

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
But you still did not honor their request to edit your original post. // annoyed when someone posts something as fact when they really don't know
You can edit a post for 30 minutes max. after you hit 'post'. Also, it wasn't posted as a fact, but as a "If I recall". Anyone interested enough in that boat to consider buying it would read more then just that comment.
So - let's all take a breath and not let yet another thread go down in flames.

-

Thanks to this thread I learned about the smaller (31/33') Prout cats - which I actually like (I am so NOT a multihull kinda gal, lol). Seems they're not really faster then a mono of about the same size, but would be a lot more comfy ... which is worth a lot when looking at a long ocean crossing on your own.
Old 27-01-2016, 08:21   #105
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40

Jerry, are you prepared to acknowledge the mistakes you made in your attack on me?

1. I did not post it as a fact, but rather as a recollection (which it was, albeit faulty).
2. I acknowledged my error prior to BTC's post. (post 74)
3. In acknowledging my error I did not merely say that 'maybe' I was wrong - I acknowledged that I was wrong and spoke glowingly about BTC (posts 74 and 76).

In spite of this, I am not asking that you 'modify' your post even though it stands as a personal attack on me. Lizzy has it right, this is nothing but a distraction from an otherwise useful thread.

Brad

Tags
catamaran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: