Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 01:21   #1

Sell me your Prout Snowgoose!

I am looking to purchase a Prout Snowgoose in the San Francisco bay area. I will be ready to purchase in December or January and my budget is about 75k. I am planning to finance the boat with the vessel as collateral so it must pass a survey and a surveyor must report it as at least "fair" condition (I need to be able to finance about 65k after paying tax). So I think this should be doable as a 1985 snowgoose has a BUC value of 72-78k in fair condition and I only need to finance 65k.

I am aware of the one in Napa, it is in very poor condition (I already went to take a look).

Any leads or suggestions? I see that alot of Prouts are unfortunately on the east coast although I do see one that used to be in California and is now in the great lakes...how did they get it there? What does that sort of shipment cost?
vvortex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:17   #2

Boat: 1984 Prout Snowgoose 37
we just bought a snowgoose in "poor condition" and brought it from Boston to Charleston with no problem....it does need some cosmetics, bottom job, some work on the hydraulics, and canvas work, etc...most of which we can do ourselves...the pictures of the boat in Napa look pretty good...what kind of problems does it have??
captfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 16:59   #3

Boat: Prout 37 Snowgoose Elite "Wild Goose Chase"
I have a very nice Snowgoose for sale in S.F. right now. Just put her on the market 2 weeks ago. I am asking 119,000, am open to reasonable offers. If you are still interested , email at jonandjoell@gmail.com or call me 650 728 7028 or 650 834 5440. Cheers Jon
(We're buying a bigger cat - it will be our 9th. multihull over 30 years...)
wildgoose is offline   Reply With Quote