Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2008, 17:57   #1

Boat: Easterly 36 Aft Cabin
See Ya

"This thread is spiraling into the same nonesense that got the last one closed. Wish Gludy well, say goodbye, ask him to stay but keep it to the topic of the thread, and within the rules.

If this thread continues to be yet another fight with a forum member it will get closed, infractions will get handed out. The same old drill."
Quote by FrankZ

Well say goodbye to another. The thread was not hurting anyone. {words deleted due to poor spelling}

Soon it will be newbies and admin types until the admin types run off all the newbies.

I am outta here....
Old 19-09-2008, 19:11   #2
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Some people get on this bus, ride for a while, pay their fare in contributions, then, decide they don’t like the direction the bus is going and decide to get off.

That is sad but fine, because new people will get on and ride for a while, bringing new perspectives to the journey!

The drivers of this bus are dedicated to keeping it friendly and informative. Disallowing baiting and taunting of other posters is a well known standard that has not changed since I joined.

Even when they stop and change direction of the bus when it gets bumpy in a personally interesting journey, I just remember the times I was glad they did!

That does not mean that anyone cannot restart the same topic, by admonishing all to keep it civil, but few do because of imagined slights. So the bus lurches on.

For those who choose to get off for a while, don’t blame the drivers who try to keep it on a path of civility and respect. Look instead to whoever first cast stones in a well intentioned debate.

Few of us are innocent and perhaps the more experienced like myself, are less so!

I hope we can all rise above this! ....
Old 19-09-2008, 20:46   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Pel..
This is far more simply (yet eloquently) written then I could ever hope to manage in order to convey my thoughts on this issue. I can only endorse your comments.....

I don't always like the bus driver but I appreciate the ride offered by him/her, especially remembering it is a private bus company, not public transport.

BTW - Drivers - I mostly luv ya.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 19-09-2008, 23:01   #4
Marine Service Provider

Wot and Pel, we mostly luv you too

Hey, I don't like the driver either from time to time but I don't get abusive to him/them. It's not always the easiest task to pick which road to drive down.

Easterly, if you think my editing of your post was unreasonable please feel free to PM me, I don't bite.
Closed Thread