Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 19:33   #1

Boat: Seawind 1160 #50, 41 feet
Seawind 1160 - Cool Runnins

Long shot but has anyone looked at the Seawind Cool Runnins in St. Augustine, FL? I'm considering making a trip down to look at it but it would save me a trip if anyone had looked at it and found significant porblems. Thanks in advance!
Strikhedonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:57   #2

Boat: Catalina 27
I'm also interested if anyone knows about this boat. I won't be in market for another year, but that 1160 is exactly what I'm looking for. Most others on market are outside US or overpriced/ too new. Please share if you do end up taking trip and purchasing.
Jado27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 13:04   #3

Boat: Seawind - 1160
The fellow that bought my boat, looked at Cool Runnins as well. He thought they were pretty comparable but Double-Wide had a little more cruising equipment. The SW1160 is a great boat with outstanding factory support. I found it the perfect live-aboard cruiser for 2 people.
Double-Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 13:28   #4

Boat: Leopard 40
It's right in front of my cat. Good shape, clean and spacious. I toured it in August out of curiosity,and thought if I were to buy it I would have to add a few things before going offshore. I thought the price is too high back then, but I don't know what the price is now. I talked to the owner a few times and he seems like a nice guy. Didn't sail it much apparently.

I didn't notice any issues while on board. I think the brokers have been in the area a long time with a decent local reputation, but they do not specialize in cats, and were not too familiar with the Seawind.
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 17:26   #5

Re: Seawind 1160 - Cool Runnins

Thanks for the information, it really helps. It is worth taking a look at now, knowing there isn't anything major that sticks out.

Double-wide, is your former boat up for sale in the Pacific? Or is that another Double-wide? I couldn't tell from the picture (too low resolution).
Old 11-11-2013, 15:08   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cool Runnins has been on the market for quite a while now which seems rather strange... unless it's just come back on again recently. From memory they tried to auction it off and I'm certain a few months ago I saw it under contract on the catamarans.com website. Hopefully a chat to the broker will unravel the story. It seems quite well equipped and in good nick for the price.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42   #7
Marine Service Provider

There was an offer on the Seawind earlier this year, it was surveyed and sea-trialed. The prospect buyer did not conclude / stepped out of the deal on "Cool Runnings" as he did some more home work and decided to look at a few more models.
This prospect buyer ended up buying one of my listings, a fully loaded 2010 Leopard 38/39 owners version. From my understanding, this Seawind surveyed well.

Peter Wiersema / Leopard owner & broker

peterw(at)yacht.com +1 954 2604913
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	70236  
catabroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 14:01   #8

Ausaviator and Peter, thanks for the comments. I appreciate you sharing the information. I have reached out to the broker representing the boat. Not sure how far it will go but you guys helped move me forward, thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 14:43   #9

Boat: Catalina 30

I don't know anything about the boat beside the fact I think she is actually in Titusville. Walk by her just about every weekend.
Old 13-11-2013, 05:45   #10

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
I
I think the brokers have been in the area a long time with a decent local reputation, but they do not specialize in cats, and were not too familiar with the Seawind.
That's interesting because it is listed by the Catamaran Company which is the largest cat brokerage in the world. Maybe it's just the local guys.

Catabroker: Do you think the buyer passed because they can get a better price on a newer or comparable boat? Those Seawinds are expensive.
Old 13-11-2013, 08:13   #11
Marine Service Provider

Hi Sandcrab,

yes, buyer felt that "Cool Runnings" was a bit expensive. After surveying "Cool Runnings" , the surveyor did not put the same value on the boat as was on the offer. The prospect buyer started looking around and changed his mind. His wife liked the features of a 2010 Leopard 38/39 better, the price was better and a deal was done. Newer design, newer boat, better price.
regards, Peter Wiersema / Leopard owner / yacht broker
954 260 4913
catabroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Seawind, Seawind 1160, wind