Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 19:42   #106
cruiser

Balsa tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical View Post
This is why I made my own tanks with a balsa core to add some insulation value. I also split the 300 liters into 2 tanks and will have a shutoff on the spare tanks vent, I may even put one on both tanks. Hopefully I won't have this problem

Mke
Not something the USCG will allow on commercial boats, balsa tanks, I mean. Don't know why.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 20:00   #107
DtM

I don't think the posts are deleted I think they are on the other thread titled "I have found my boat" (or similar started by Gludy).

This has been an interesting thread on both counts.
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 20:16   #108

Boat: 1967 Starcraft 16' - 1961 Mercury 70hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM View Post
I don't think the posts are deleted I think they are on the other thread titled "I have found my boat" (or similar started by Gludy).

This has been an interesting thread on both counts.
DtM,
You are correct. I am an idiot. "I have found my boat" is the thread that contains the posts I assumed where deleted. Sorry to everyone.

Althought im not sure if fastcats claim of being the European dealer of Saint Francis was ever verified.
tyrntlzrdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 00:06   #109
cruiser

Boat: St Francis 50 on order
As a matter of record I have written proof that they are not.
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 01:06   #110
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludy View Post
As a matter of record I have written proof that they are not.
Here we are displaying the St Francis 48 at the La Rochelle boat show
We have displayed the 48 at 6 different boat shows as agents for St Francis Catamarans including the Düsseldorf boat show , the Hamburg boat show the Amsterdam boat show.
If anybody says we have not been the agents for St Francis marine then we have a case of Dementia set in,.
Since we are now building competing models we will no longer represent St Francis.

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	La Rochelle - IJmuiden 2 056.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	4671  
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 01:20   #111
cruiser

I am sorry but I have on file a copy of an email sent to you from St Francis clearly stating, in fact reminding you, that you are not the agent - do you want me to publish it? This is dated well BEFORE I came to see you.

You were the agent based on your projections that did not happen but did not sell a single boat and then later began to produce your own competing boat and they informed you that you were no longer the agent ........ are you stating that this is not true? Do you want me to publish the documents?

I was so upset when I was told that you are not the agent just a customer of one boat and that they had informed you of the fact that i asked for proof. That proof was provided. I had that before I refuted your claim.

So no smoke screens here Gideon - just the plain simple truth - are you still claiming that you are the European agent for SF today? Where you the agent when I came to see you?
The answer to both those questions is NO.

You state if anyone denies you WHERE the agent - that has never been denied. I am stating clearly that you are not the agent nor were you the agent when I came to see you and you told us you were and that my trip to Exuma to see one was a waste of time!!!

Stop and think. What I am stating I know to be true and can prove to be true.

I also would like to add that it is frankly terrible to pretend to be an agent of a competitor and continue that pretence with your last post by mixing past and preset tense.

Its just one of the reasons why your credibility with me has gone.
Old 13-08-2008, 01:35   #112
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
I am sorry but I have on file a copy of an email sent to you from St Francis clearly stating, in fact reminding you, that you are not the agent - do you want me to publish it? This is dated well BEFORE I came to see you.

You were the agent based on your projections that did not happen but did not sell a single boat and then later began to produce your own competing boat and they informed you that you were no longer the agent ........ are you stating that this is not true? Do you want me to publish the documents?

I was so upset when I was told that you are not the agent just a customer of one boat and that they had informed you of the fact that i asked for proof. That proof was provided. I had that before I refuted your claim.

So no smoke screens here Gideon - just the plain simple truth - are you still claiming that you are the European agent for SF today? Where you the agent when I came to see you?
The answer to both those questions is NO.

You state if anyone denies you WHERE the agent - that has never been denied. I am stating clearly that you are not the agent nor were you the agent when I came to see you and you told us you were and that my trip to Exuma to see one was a waste of time!!!

Stop and think. What I am stating I know to be true and can prove to be true.

I also would like to add that it is frankly terrible to pretend to be an agent of a competitor and continue that pretence with your last post by mixing past and preset tense.

Its just one of the reasons why your credibility with me has gone.
Hallo Paul I have just send you proof of correspondence between me and Duncan Lethbridge of St Francis Marine and I have more to back this up.
I have to date never received an e mail from Duncan that we are not their agents anymore but since we produce a competitive yacht it makes no sense to do so.

Greetings
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:07   #113
cruiser

I have a copy of an email sent to you in March 2008 reminding you again that you are no longer the agent. This was a reminder email. Are you saying you did not receive it?

When exactly according to your own records did you stop being the SF agent?

It must have been in the last few weeks because you clearly told us multiple times just a few weeks back that you are the agent and therefore we should deal through you and not bother going over to see the SF 50.

Gideon - I am not happy with any smoke screens on this. The issue is crystal clear.
Old 13-08-2008, 02:12   #114
cruiser

Gideon
The 'proof' you emailed me was not prove at all.
It is simply the system on offer to any SF owner for introducing a purchaser. Any SF owner can do that as well you know.

If you persist in this smoke screen things can only get worse.

Please answer my simple questions or drop the subject and I will also drop it. What I cannot do is allow you to get away with a denial of the facts.
Old 13-08-2008, 02:17   #115
cruiser

Gideon
This gets worse by the minute.

It now seems you tried to introduce me to SF after I had already contacted them and told you so!!
They responded to tell you that I had already been dealing with them!!!

Again - when did you cease to become the European Distributor?

As this is clearly a matter of business that would mean you no longer attended shows etc etc you should know the answer. I can tell you that you were not the distributor when you told us you were - are you denying that?
Old 13-08-2008, 02:18   #116
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
... drop the subject and I will also drop it. What I cannot do is allow you to get away with a denial of the facts.
Fact: Gideon does not currently represent St. Francis.
Enough said!

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:20   #117
cruiser

Ok - that fact accepted and case closed.
Old 13-08-2008, 02:31   #118
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Hello Paul and Gideon,

Could we pls stop this ??
The fact that Gideon is representing SF or not, from when on, etc. does not really matter. Everyone who followed the tread has got his own judgement; right or wrong.
If people believed that Gideon has lied, they will read his past/future statements with doubts and this won't do any good to him and to his Business. If not, they will continue to believe on what he will keep on saying.
I don't think you both need to prove anymore who is right.

Gideon, you may proudly believe that your are making the fastest and best catamarans. If there is anyone believeing in that, that's fine. (Apparently, there are since you said you are sold out for couple of years. Good for you)
Paul you bought a boat which you believe was best for you. So what's the matter, enjoy sailing.. Who cares if Gideon (or someone else) says it's slower than this or that ?

Cheers

yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:39   #119
cruiser

That subject has just been closed.

I do not care who is right just what is right. Just because I have ordered a boat does not mean that I should take zero interest in who is claiming to represent that boat.

However it is pointless continuing the discussion. As you say everyone can draw their own conclusions.
Old 13-08-2008, 02:42   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Fact: Gideon does not currently represent St. Francis.
Enough said!
Well said Gord, I am getting fed up of someone discussing their dirty washing in public, this is not the idea of the forum, as we have to read all this to get to the information that we want.
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote