Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 20:42   #106
cruiser
 
BigCat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Posts: 765
Balsa tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical View Post
This is why I made my own tanks with a balsa core to add some insulation value. I also split the 300 liters into 2 tanks and will have a shutoff on the spare tanks vent, I may even put one on both tanks. Hopefully I won't have this problem

Mke
Not something the USCG will allow on commercial boats, balsa tanks, I mean. Don't know why.
__________________

__________________
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 21:00   #107
DtM
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Out of the Office
Posts: 908
I don't think the posts are deleted I think they are on the other thread titled "I have found my boat" (or similar started by Gludy).

This has been an interesting thread on both counts.
__________________

__________________
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 21:16   #108
Registered User
 
tyrntlzrdking's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Boat: 1967 Starcraft 16' - 1961 Mercury 70hp
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM View Post
I don't think the posts are deleted I think they are on the other thread titled "I have found my boat" (or similar started by Gludy).

This has been an interesting thread on both counts.
DtM,
You are correct. I am an idiot. "I have found my boat" is the thread that contains the posts I assumed where deleted. Sorry to everyone.

Althought im not sure if fastcats claim of being the European dealer of Saint Francis was ever verified.
__________________
tyrntlzrdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 01:06   #109
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
As a matter of record I have written proof that they are not.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:06   #110
Marine Service Provider
 
fastcat435's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amstelveen Netherlands
Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Posts: 1,649
Images: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludy View Post
As a matter of record I have written proof that they are not.
Here we are displaying the St Francis 48 at the La Rochelle boat show
We have displayed the 48 at 6 different boat shows as agents for St Francis Catamarans including the Düsseldorf boat show , the Hamburg boat show the Amsterdam boat show.
If anybody says we have not been the agents for St Francis marine then we have a case of Dementia set in,.
Since we are now building competing models we will no longer represent St Francis.

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	La Rochelle - IJmuiden 2 056.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	4671  
__________________
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:20   #111
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
I am sorry but I have on file a copy of an email sent to you from St Francis clearly stating, in fact reminding you, that you are not the agent - do you want me to publish it? This is dated well BEFORE I came to see you.


You were the agent based on your projections that did not happen but did not sell a single boat and then later began to produce your own competing boat and they informed you that you were no longer the agent ........ are you stating that this is not true? Do you want me to publish the documents?

I was so upset when I was told that you are not the agent just a customer of one boat and that they had informed you of the fact that i asked for proof. That proof was provided. I had that before I refuted your claim.

So no smoke screens here Gideon - just the plain simple truth - are you still claiming that you are the European agent for SF today? Where you the agent when I came to see you?
The answer to both those questions is NO.

You state if anyone denies you WHERE the agent - that has never been denied. I am stating clearly that you are not the agent nor were you the agent when I came to see you and you told us you were and that my trip to Exuma to see one was a waste of time!!!

Stop and think. What I am stating I know to be true and can prove to be true.

I also would like to add that it is frankly terrible to pretend to be an agent of a competitor and continue that pretence with your last post by mixing past and preset tense.

Its just one of the reasons why your credibility with me has gone.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 02:35   #112
Marine Service Provider
 
fastcat435's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amstelveen Netherlands
Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Posts: 1,649
Images: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludy View Post
I am sorry but I have on file a copy of an email sent to you from St Francis clearly stating, in fact reminding you, that you are not the agent - do you want me to publish it? This is dated well BEFORE I came to see you.


You were the agent based on your projections that did not happen but did not sell a single boat and then later began to produce your own competing boat and they informed you that you were no longer the agent ........ are you stating that this is not true? Do you want me to publish the documents?

I was so upset when I was told that you are not the agent just a customer of one boat and that they had informed you of the fact that i asked for proof. That proof was provided. I had that before I refuted your claim.

So no smoke screens here Gideon - just the plain simple truth - are you still claiming that you are the European agent for SF today? Where you the agent when I came to see you?
The answer to both those questions is NO.

You state if anyone denies you WHERE the agent - that has never been denied. I am stating clearly that you are not the agent nor were you the agent when I came to see you and you told us you were and that my trip to Exuma to see one was a waste of time!!!

Stop and think. What I am stating I know to be true and can prove to be true.

I also would like to add that it is frankly terrible to pretend to be an agent of a competitor and continue that pretence with your last post by mixing past and preset tense.

Its just one of the reasons why your credibility with me has gone.
Hallo Paul I have just send you proof of correspondence between me and Duncan Lethbridge of St Francis Marine and I have more to back this up.
I have to date never received an e mail from Duncan that we are not their agents anymore but since we produce a competitive yacht it makes no sense to do so.

Greetings
__________________
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:07   #113
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
I have a copy of an email sent to you in March 2008 reminding you again that you are no longer the agent. This was a reminder email. Are you saying you did not receive it?

When exactly according to your own records did you stop being the SF agent?

It must have been in the last few weeks because you clearly told us multiple times just a few weeks back that you are the agent and therefore we should deal through you and not bother going over to see the SF 50.

Gideon - I am not happy with any smoke screens on this. The issue is crystal clear.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:12   #114
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
Gideon
The 'proof' you emailed me was not prove at all.
It is simply the system on offer to any SF owner for introducing a purchaser. Any SF owner can do that as well you know.

If you persist in this smoke screen things can only get worse.

Please answer my simple questions or drop the subject and I will also drop it. What I cannot do is allow you to get away with a denial of the facts.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:17   #115
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
Gideon
This gets worse by the minute.

It now seems you tried to introduce me to SF after I had already contacted them and told you so!!
They responded to tell you that I had already been dealing with them!!!

Again - when did you cease to become the European Distributor?

As this is clearly a matter of business that would mean you no longer attended shows etc etc you should know the answer. I can tell you that you were not the distributor when you told us you were - are you denying that?
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:18   #116
Moderator Emeritus
 
GordMay's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 31,573
Images: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludy View Post
... drop the subject and I will also drop it. What I cannot do is allow you to get away with a denial of the facts.
Fact: Gideon does not currently represent St. Francis.
Enough said!
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:20   #117
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
Ok - that fact accepted and case closed.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:31   #118
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Marmaris
Boat: FP Orana 2010, Lipari 2011, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013
Posts: 1,030
Hello Paul and Gideon,

Could we pls stop this ??
The fact that Gideon is representing SF or not, from when on, etc. does not really matter. Everyone who followed the tread has got his own judgement; right or wrong.
If people believed that Gideon has lied, they will read his past/future statements with doubts and this won't do any good to him and to his Business. If not, they will continue to believe on what he will keep on saying.
I don't think you both need to prove anymore who is right.

Gideon, you may proudly believe that your are making the fastest and best catamarans. If there is anyone believeing in that, that's fine. (Apparently, there are since you said you are sold out for couple of years. Good for you)
Paul you bought a boat which you believe was best for you. So what's the matter, enjoy sailing.. Who cares if Gideon (or someone else) says it's slower than this or that ?

Cheers

yeloya
__________________
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:39   #119
cruiser

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brecon, Wales
Boat: St Francis 50 on order
Posts: 269
That subject has just been closed.

I do not care who is right just what is right. Just because I have ordered a boat does not mean that I should take zero interest in who is claiming to represent that boat.

However it is pointless continuing the discussion. As you say everyone can draw their own conclusions.
__________________
Gludy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 03:42   #120
...

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Fact: Gideon does not currently represent St. Francis.
Enough said!
Well said Gord, I am getting fed up of someone discussing their dirty washing in public, this is not the idea of the forum, as we have to read all this to get to the information that we want.
__________________

__________________
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weight of a FastCat 455 fastcat435 Commercial Posts 2 08-08-2009 20:04
Saving Cecilia B Kai Nui The Sailor's Confessional 19 29-04-2008 07:37
Daylight Saving Time 2007 FrankZ Marine Electronics 18 19-02-2007 16:51
Saving for Sailing Jim H General Sailing Forum 16 31-10-2005 13:38
Daylight Saving Time GordMay General Sailing Forum 1 19-08-2005 22:01



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:41.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.