Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2016, 15:01   #166

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: S/V Delos discusses mono vs. cat with cruising couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I apologize. I intended nothing negative whatsoever. It was intended rather affectionately, and if that didn't come through, I really apologize. ...
Sorry about that. I am a pit jumpy. My airplane flight to Dusseldorf was cancelled due to a French strike and I had to pay almost 500 euros more for new tickets (and got lucky finding them), had to reschedule hotels had to made cancellations. Well, is done now but I am still pissed with the world, particularly the French
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 15:08   #167
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
"Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post

I agree. How else does one find out information about multihull boats other than watching videos, asking owners, test sail, reading articles and discussing the differences?"

I know we're not supposed to get personal on this forum, but you and Factor seem to have a real problem with trying to stir up trouble with certain form members. All I wrote earlier is that I enjoyed the Delos videos and the one posted by Polux, and that our cruising friends who owned mono and multihulls all seemed to enjoy their choices... and then the two of you follow up by continuously needling and pestering both Polux and I into an argument.

I have not written anything provocative on this thread, yet the two of you have written over twenty posts attempting to instigate an argument. Do either of you actually have any cruising friends out there? Real or virtual?
Quote:
Do either of you actually have any cruising friends out there? Real or virtual
What is that suppoosed to mean.

Quote:
All I wrote earlier is that I enjoyed the Delos videos and the one posted by Polux, and that our cruising friends who owned mono and multihulls all seemed to enjoy their choices... and then the two of you follow up by continuously needling and pestering both Polux and I into an argument.
Ahh no.

My inital post was a jocular reference to the interviewers use of the word Like. nothing more, 44C asked if it was worth the bandwith, I said no, that was an answer to him, for him knowing his knowledge opf sailing and living aboard, not worth HIS time. That was in the first few posts, no baiting or calling out or criticising anyones boat.

No further posting from me for 90 posts, and then there were a few post (off topic I admit) on Strine and bogan speak, again no criticism of anyone's boat or any person, Post 100 Polux joined the thread and said, inter alai, that the Barramundi was a really fast performance cat, I disagreed, again didn't criticise anyone's boat.

After he told me that he was surprised by my lack of knowledge about the Barramundi and lerouge cats it appeared to me that Polux was relying solely on internet research to make his judgements, I asked respectively if he had any multihull experience, he chose not to answer, still hasn't.

I then made a post about one social race and said that whilst we outpointed a Farr 40, it really proved nothing, I then posted some data from the Bureau of Meteorology concernin g a race tow windward. With Cats an monos. Again I was told I was wrong.

I have been on Mojo but I was told I was wrong about it.

Of course I am busy motoring 100% of the time, Someone told me that in another thread here.

I won't cop being verballed by people.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 15:10   #168
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor
Dunno about that old mate, he inferred I was lieing when I said the Surf to City was upwind. He said I had no knowledge of of what he calls Baja motorsport or proper motorsport tactics, he was entirely dismissive of any alternative point of view. We had robust discussions on some obscure legal issues, we didn't get personal with each other, well maybe you did a bit when you suggested I got my knowledge from TV, but overall it was a good robust discussion. And we arrived at a conclusion. (yes, and to my embarrassment I was wrong )

Just want to point out, so that there is no confusion, I Rustic Charm, was admitting in the above quote that I Rustic Charm was the one that was wrong. Hope that is clear now. I should have put it in red when I quoted it. My humble apologies.
All Good mate. As an aside, I am riding the motorcycle down to and round Tassie in April, we need to catch up for a nice red sometime then.
Old 25-01-2016, 17:12   #169

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
All Good mate. As an aside, I am riding the motorcycle down to and round Tassie in April, we need to catch up for a nice red sometime then.
Definately in for that sometime in April (last two weeks i think) im i tending on sailing across to Melbourne for a couple weeks. But if its early April, then definately.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 17:13   #170

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
What is that suppoosed to mean.

Ahh no.
I then made a post about one social race and said that whilst we outpointed a Farr 40, it really proved nothing, I then posted some data from the Bureau of Meteorology concernin g a race tow windward. With Cats an monos. Again I was told I was wrong.
I won't cop being verballed by people.
You are making things up. You never said that you outpointed a Farr 40. what you said was:
Quote:
Just another data point on Windward performance.
... Second was a Farr 40 - took 18:27 ....
Fastest off shore multi was Mojo (Cruiser racer Schionning , accent on performance) which took 14:14 ...
Regarding the race that you say it is a windward race even if it has a course that make it impossible to be a withward race have this configuration:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...p;d=1453717947
a windward race is a race from point A to B, in a straight line with frontal wind.
A cruiser racer 52ft cat beating a 40ft racing boat on a triangular course does not tell about the upwind performance of both boats, much less about pointing ability, not to mention you are comparing the speed of a 52ft sailboat with the one of a 40fter.

I did not said regarding your post nothing that you say I did. Regarding that race, the Mojo performance I said simply this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Mojo is a beautiful boat but as you say used and pointed mostly for racing. ....
The race you posted is not only an upwind race but a race with mixed winds, like for instance the Fastnet.
Did not said a word about the Farr 40 or any comparison between the 40ft Farr and the 52ft cruising racer cat (Mojo).
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 18:07   #171

Quote:
What are you accusing me of? Go back and you will see that I had rectified both things as soon as I found out I was mistaken. Regarding the Barramundi is not difficult it is just some posts back, so easy that I will re-post it here:

You "rectified' the false statements you had made only after someone else pointed them out!

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 18:10   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I have not written anything provocative on this thread, yet the two of you have written over twenty posts attempting to instigate an argument. Do either of you actually have any cruising friends out there? Real or virtual?

LMAO!! Yep nothing personal or provocative in that post!

And coming from the author of the "Cat's motor 100% of the time" thread, absolutely laughable!

John McEnroe
Old 25-01-2016, 18:24   #173

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Come on 44, lets move along a bit hey
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 19:10   #174
Marine Service Provider

Still interested in your multihull CV Polux.
Old 25-01-2016, 19:46   #175
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
You are making things up. You never said that you outpointed a Farr 40. what you said was:
Please don't accuse me of making things up, I said
Quote:
One swallow does not make a summer, one video does not amount to proof. Yesterday I sailed a Seawind 1250 in a social race, we outpointed a Farr40 and went quicker. Do I now believe that all multis outpoint all monos - well NO. I don't even believe we could outpoint all Farr 40s.
Further - you don't have to believe me about the Surf to City being windward the whole way - here is a quote from a guy who did the outside race:

Quote:
163 tacks, rough bouncy sea,22 hours, wind change at cape morton to nw so still a beat to ne2, wind change at ne2 to south so beat into bay, wind change in bay so final beat to finish
Or is he making things up as well?
Old 25-01-2016, 19:47   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Come on 44, lets move along a bit hey
Yeah, right. I'm the one who insinuated that a member here had no friends. I'm the one taking the thread into personal abuse.

John McEnroe
Old 25-01-2016, 20:15   #177

Otto dangles Archie out a window]
Archie: All right, all right, I apologise.
Otto: You're really sorry.
Archie: I'm really really sorry, I apologise unreservedly.
Otto: You take it back.
Archie: I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.
Otto: OK.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 20:31   #178

Boat: In Between Boats

Like so kewl 50-60 year old men like acting like children. It's like totally tubular and like like really gnarly!

Hearts Content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 20:33   #179
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey View Post
Archie: I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Ah - Fish called wanda, now there is some sanity
Old 25-01-2016, 20:34   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey View Post

And then Otto lets him go...

John McEnroe

Tags
cruising