Goto: 2007 PRICE LIST AND ORDER FORM
ROFLMFAO...okay, I'll bite.

Your point?

J

Old 03-02-2008, 13:30   #18

Boat: Cross 38 Trimaran
Marples CC44

JCF,
I have been unable to find the contact info I had on the Marples. I received an email from the chap who bought it and now due to personal reasons is selling his extra projects.
Unless you are willing to relocate to the West Coast to complete this project, its probably not for you. The original owner was Dave Holworth, I no longer have his phone number either. He is occasionally on another web site I go to. I can see if I can find him there if you want. It would be too bad if this boat went to scrap. The new owner is supposed to start listing it as for sale soon if he hasn't started already. Holworths phone number is probably available in the classifieds of Multihulls Mag. He advertised it for several months, And Marples himself has info on this CC44 His number is 904 824 2688. He may also know of boats in your area.
sarge
Old 03-02-2008, 17:06   #19
JCF

Boat: 26' CATAMARAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
JCF,
I have been unable to find the contact info I had on the Marples. I received an email from the chap who bought it and now due to personal reasons is selling his extra projects.
Unless you are willing to relocate to the West Coast to complete this project, its probably not for you. The original owner was Dave Holworth, I no longer have his phone number either. He is occasionally on another web site I go to. I can see if I can find him there if you want. It would be too bad if this boat went to scrap. The new owner is supposed to start listing it as for sale soon if he hasn't started already. Holworths phone number is probably available in the classifieds of Multihulls Mag. He advertised it for several months, And Marples himself has info on this CC44 His number is 904 824 2688. He may also know of boats in your area.
sarge
Hello Sarge,

I think the new owner is named Larry and he is selling the project for $5K soup tp nuts, tools, container everything.

I will try to find the advert again and you can tell me if it is the same one or not.

At that price, I would definitely go out there and hire a crew to knock that baby out quickly.

J
Old 04-02-2008, 13:23   #20
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 Trimaran, Siruis 22 mono, 16 foot MFG daysailor
JCF
Sorry it took a little while to respond, just returned from a vacation. My Searunner 40 has about 6'4" headroom in most areas, a little less in the head. This may vary a little from boat to boat as it is possible to have the floor built lower or higher. I have the spec sheet for the Searunner series.

Searunner 40

LOD 40'10"
Beam 23'11"
Draft board up 3'6" with minnikeel or 2'4" without (keel was optional but I would guess most boats had the keel)
Draft, centerboard down 6'9"

Loaded displacement 13,800 lbs
Light load displacement 10,200 lbs
Cruising payload margin 3600 lbs

Total sail area 727 square feet
Mainsail area 336 square feet

Patrick, age 9
Steve Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 14:19   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 Trimaran, Siruis 22 mono, 16 foot MFG daysailor
CC44 specs.

LOD 44'
LWL 41'4"
Beam 27'6"
Draft 3'2" board up/ 6'9" board down
Displacement 11,000 lbs including 2500 lbs payload
Sail area 860 sq. ft
Immersion 924 lbs per inch

Similar interior layout as the Searunner 37/40 but has a more modern hull and deck shape and construction style that saves about 1500 lbs over the Searunner. The hulls are finer so it has less payload than the Searunner but it would be a better performer for it. Check out this website for a good look at a CC44 including the construction. The Adventures of Rikki-tikki-tavi

Patrick, age 9
Steve Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 15:18   #22
JCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rust View Post
JCF
Sorry it took a little while to respond, just returned from a vacation. My Searunner 40 has about 6'4" headroom in most areas, a little less in the head. This may vary a little from boat to boat as it is possible to have the floor built lower or higher. I have the spec sheet for the Searunner series.

Searunner 40

LOD 40'10"
Beam 23'11"
Draft board up 3'6" with minnikeel or 2'4" without (keel was optional but I would guess most boats had the keel)
Draft, centerboard down 6'9"

Loaded displacement 13,800 lbs
Light load displacement 10,200 lbs
Cruising payload margin 3600 lbs

Total sail area 727 square feet
Mainsail area 336 square feet
Hello Steve Rust,

No need to apologize. I hope you enjoyed the time off.
Thanks for the info.

J
Old 05-02-2008, 14:10   #23

JCF
I just got off the phone with Larry, he still owns that Marples. Call me at 661 466 7746 if you are interested and I will give you his phone number and email. Remember I am in Hawaii.
sarge (Rich)
Old 05-02-2008, 18:50   #24

Boat: kantola
I am the owner of the Marples 44 you folks have been discussing . Larry the previous owner still holds a lein. If for some reason I do decide to sell the boat, Larry's lein will have to be satisfied before transfer of ownership.

Everything is for sale, so if there is any interest in purchasing this project I will listen to cash offers, including satisfaction of the lein.

If you are interested you can email me at roblanford@hotmail.com
Old 05-02-2008, 18:54   #25

Boat: Puget Trawler 37 ft
Greetings,

I am Larry H and I built the Marples 44 Trimaran. I sold this project to Robert. Robert is the owner and any offers to buy must be made to him. I am the lein holder and I hold title to this boat until my interests are satisfied. Red Horse has said that interested parties can call him and get my contact information. This is OK with me.

I hope this clears the air about this boat.

Larry H
Old 06-02-2008, 20:20   #26

Boat: kantola
Here is a link to Rikki's construction site:

Rikki-tikki-tavi's Adventure

Rikki is probably the finest finished tri I have seen. (Only in pictures unfortunatly).

It is a Marples CC40 and a center cockpit.

Just beautiful!
Old 08-02-2008, 13:37   #27
JCF

Hmmm...

Funny how this works itself out.

I thought I saw an advert for $10K because of medical reasons. Then I saw an advert for $5K for medical reasons. Both by someone named Larry. Now, the owner advertising the tri (Larry) is not the owner and the new owner (Robert), whom has only seen the boat in pictures and swears it is the best he has ever seen in pictures, must satisfy a lien before he owns it, but did not know until recently that the former owner (Larry) whom is actually still the owner, confirmed in a phone conversation to Red Horse, that he still owns the Marples, and then, if the tangle is not twisted enough, the former owner, holding a lien, admits by his own hand, that he is not the owner while Robert believes he is the owner, which he isn't because Larry, the former owner that is not the owner, holds the title, which means he is the owner until a lien, that he holds himself is satisfied. By the way, why does the site say Clark Wagaman is the builder of the tri, if Larry claims he built it? Name change?
WTF is wrong with that picture?

That is what I call American Business at its best.

Okay, now that the air is cleared up, move on and please don't hijack and pitch a sale in the thread. No need to respond...just move on.

Thanks
J
Old 08-02-2008, 14:27   #28

Boat: Puget Trawler 37 ft
JCF,

Let me try to clear up some confusion.

I am Larry H and I started building my Marples 44 many years ago. When I developed an epoxy alergy and other medical problems I decided to sell the boat project. It was advertised in Multihull Magazine and Latitude 38 and on my own web site starting at a high price and then I lowered my price in stages, but the boat did not sell. I finally NEEDED to get out of the project and priced it at $10,000 boat only or slightly more for the entire project.

I sold the boat project to Robert but he has not made the final payment yet. Therefore, I hold a lein and title to the boat until the purchase is fully paid off.

At one point, prior to selling to Robert,it looked like the boat could be scrapped due to problems at the building site and in a panic I offered the boat for a lower price to Red Horse on the phone. His location and life circumstances prevented him from taking my offer.

To add confusion to this thread, another Marples boat, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi,(40ftCC) was mentioned in the post just above yours. That is the boat that Robert thinks is the best looking, only seen in pictures, etc.

Robert has definitly seen his(the boat I sold to him) Marples 44 as he is working on the boat.

The post by Red Horse is confusing as he got his information from me by phone. Perhaps he misunderstood when I said that I 'owned' the boat. What I really meant was that I held a lien and title and that while the boat could be sold, title could not be transferred until my lein had been satisfied. The reason I said those things was to ensure that no buyer would think that making a payment to Robert would provide clear title to the boat.

If this still bothers you, please send me a PM(private message). See upper right corner of the screen just under your log in name. Too much public bandwidth has been spent on this here.

If you have any interest in purchasing the boat project, please contact Robert.

Larry H
Old 08-02-2008, 14:58   #29
JCF

Hello Larry,

Now we finally get the butter from the peanuts. That is what I call a smooth and silky spread, simple without confusion.

Larry, why would it bother me?? Life is too short and death is forever. It'll bother me when I'm dead.

J
Old 08-02-2008, 15:38   #30

I didn't mean to hijack this thread or make a sale, I have no interest in this vessel.Its just a project that would be a shame to see scrapped. My apologies.
"No good deed goes unpunished."
Red Horse

Tags
retirement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: