Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2017, 19:48   #1

Re-designed Nautitech Open 40

https://www.facebook.com/NautitechBavariaCatamarans/

Their Facebook has some new pictures of the same hull wiith some attractive changes to the finish. I love the result of the new salon/galley over the last one. Those double windows seem very nice for hull interior light as well.

I really want one of these, but my budget is more second-hand, so I'll wait a year or two, especially since I have a lot of my own touches I would like to do. I actually like this over their 46'er.

Still, if anyone at the boat show gets a price list, if love to look and dream... please share.

Anyone have an opinion? I really like that they did away with the interior table and have a small chart table that lowers to create one U shaped couch, almost like a mini-sectional. I think that is a suitable interior Nav station for this boat when underway. Very comfortable I would think. With this boat intended for around the equator, and the full enclosure, I don't think an interior table is needed. I think this design would be better for headroom in the galley as well.
Wyered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 14:42   #2

Re: Re-designed Nautitech Open 40

I wish they posted more details on the new salon.

Looking at the new photos, it's clear the mini-table drops down. Aside from that, I can't tell if it opens up to serve four or provide an additional double-berth.

From looking at the vents in the centerline seating, it doesn't seem like it could move, so I have to wonder what the purpose of it is exactly. It doesn't seem like the best seat for lounging/reading. It's too far to provide seating for the table even if the table folds out.

I wish they'd publish a 5-minute video showing all the details of the new salon. What moves around, all the details on the new table, what storage is available in the seats/benches, what the access panels above the table and on the forward end of the bench seating provide, etc.

Is the centerline cabinet meant for a pop-up TV or does it serve some other purpose (glassware?)? Is there any location intended for a stowable TV in the salon?

After trying to follow along for a few years, it's so odd to me that basic information like this is so difficult to find online. It would be nice if manufacturers would produce videos as detailed as the Lagoon 42 "Water Dragon" videos. Four videos totaling about 25 minutes that don't leave very much of the boat to the imagination.

All that said, the new 40 certainly seems like a very attractive upgrade.
ssmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 13:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoot View Post
I wish they posted more details on the new salon.

Looking at the new photos, it's clear the mini-table drops down. Aside from that, I can't tell if it opens up to serve four or provide an additional double-berth.

From looking at the vents in the centerline seating, it doesn't seem like it could move, so I have to wonder what the purpose of it is exactly. It doesn't seem like the best seat for lounging/reading. It's too far to provide seating for the table even if the table folds out.

I wish they'd publish a 5-minute video showing all the details of the new salon. What moves around, all the details on the new table, what storage is available in the seats/benches, what the access panels above the table and on the forward end of the bench seating provide, etc.

Is the centerline cabinet meant for a pop-up TV or does it serve some other purpose (glassware?)? Is there any location intended for a stowable TV in the salon?

After trying to follow along for a few years, it's so odd to me that basic information like this is so difficult to find online. It would be nice if manufacturers would produce videos as detailed as the Lagoon 42 "Water Dragon" videos. Four videos totaling about 25 minutes that don't leave very much of the boat to the imagination.

All that said, the new 40 certainly seems like a very attractive upgrade.
I agree their should be some very detailed videos produced for sales if nothing else. It makes no sense to forgo this cheap simple advertising option.

I know the chart table goes up and down, and I think that is enough. I'm just not convinced that a table in this salon is needed for eating or entertaining. You're either going to buy into the "open" philosophy or not. In many videos of actual charters on the 40 and in Sailing Aedis on YouTube, it seems nobody uses the interior table much. I like the idea of being a more open U shaped couch over a dining table.

I'm almost certain that it doesn't fold out to serve 4. Probably opens to give space for immigration papers and such. I personally think it looks like a very comfortable spot underway with a good view forward.

I don't believe there is anywhere intended for a TV, but I believe I've seen people have a pop up TV in the spot you are talking about. I think they have their standards fit around charter markets and TV isn't desired. I think there are plenty of spaces here to have a TV mounted or pop up system installed.

Maybe someone from Nautitech can see this and get to work on a very thorough video made detailing all the options we haven't seen as well as the options we see on this first version.

One think I don't like is that the cockpit couch along the table doesn't wrap around on the forward end anymore. Why change that? Easily fixable, but I don't get why not do that. Maybe add a drawer freezer under it.
Old 17-09-2017, 03:53   #4

Boat: Lightwave 45, sold nov 2020.Previous self built Roberts 36

We have replaced the large salon table with a small coffee table. Gives us space for a foreward facing chart table, and in our experience we spend most of our time, and certainly meal times in the cockpit.
Glenn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 04:28   #5

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Have you seen these: https://sailuniverse.com/2017/08/the...open-revealed/

Regards,
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn C View Post
We have replaced the large salon table with a small coffee table. Gives us space for a foreward facing chart table, and in our experience we spend most of our time, and certainly meal times in the cockpit.
I tried contacting a dealer out of Houston/Kemah, TX to get a price list, but never got a response. Any way you can provide one to the masses?

I know a lot of people, especially with charter experiences, did not like the materials used on the interior finishing in the early O40's. I got on a 46 Fly last year at the Miami show, but didn't get to spend much time on it to look too hard. On these later models, has the quality been improved any? They call it "build quality" although, I wouldn't call it that as I've not heard anyone claim it's hulls to be inferior or significant creaking or flexing in the structure. Just talking about the finish/furniture work.
Old 21-09-2017, 08:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
I had not seen the article, but the renders (mostly) are on their Facebook page. Thanks for posting it. I haven't seen any video footage from the boat show other than the 1 video on their FB page.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:34   #8

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Try the series of photos and list of changes here: Second Gen - Nautitech 40 Revealed | Catamaran Dealer

Regards,
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote