Originally Posted by barnakiel
Some oddities from watching Rapido on the Youtube.
1) She is shown sailing slow. Why not post a video where she sails
fast if she claims to be fast?
2) Even the girl gets bored and goes down below to read a book. Bummer.
3) Drastic soundtrack. Are all potential Rapido buyers religious? I am not.
4) Why an alloy stick on a carbon boat? Oh why.
5) Awesome deck/salon part! I love how the kitchen is placed! I could buy her after all, if only for this part.
Pretty pricey for a prototype. btw
This video not posted by the manufacturer.
The other video, posted by (?) manufacturer shows another trimaran
. This one at speed! But it is not a Rapido. Bummer.
Nice ship. Terrible marketing
1) Because she is just barely out of the molds and they are ramping up testing.
3) didn't bother me and I am not religious either
4) a carbon stick is an option, but the price
is substantially more (I think about $175,000 price difference
The prototype has a carbon mast
not the aluminium as well as some ther options, and I think they are asking 1.6 mill for it. Not a cheap
boat by any means, but there aren't a lot of comperables...
The only thing close to it I can think of would be Paradox (likely pretty close) or the Neel 65 (close only in that it's also a trimaran).
Keep in mind the boat has only been floating for a couple of weeks, I expect the marketing will ramp
up once they have done all the testing that's planned. For now at least I know they are planning on getting rid of the solar
panel tower and move the panels
to behind the aft beam. More changes are likely to follow as well I am sure.