Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 27-05-2016, 15:58   #16

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: RAPIDO Trimaran - Dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
I see.

I hope they will have all success and we will see many of them plying the oceans!

Somehow, this concept is easier to swallow than Neel. And sure Paradox is the cream, but there is only one and she is not mine.

I had a very close look at a Multi50 thinking if we could convert one. I have seen Rayon Vert before .... but they are very very small inside, I think living volume comparable to a Folkboat or thereabout. Too small for extended trips.

b.
Paradox has a very sketchy small interior:

It is practically a racing boat with a much less voluminous central hull (and a lot less interior volume).

Paradox is a much more edgy boat to sail than the Rapido 60 and I would say it requires much more attention and care and unless you are a sailing solo top racer, a crew.

The multi 50 are even more edgy than the Paradox, with a very small central hull and demand great sailing skills to be raced. To be cruised, maybe with a small rig but it would always be a more dificult boat to sail then the Rapido 60, with a lot less interior space and with a much smaller loading ability and the one of the Rapido 60 is not very big (2000kg).

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 18:44   #17

Boat: Traditional 30

I JUST BOUGHT ONE!!

No, I didnt.. I just always wanted to say something like that about a sexy new boat.

ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 19:25   #18

Boat: Niagara 35

Wow, thanks for posting. I drool over trimarans large enough to stuff a family into. This one might be workable. I'll have to check the bank account... Nope. Damn.
Old 28-05-2016, 07:28   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
Apparently there is already an order for hull #2, but I have no idea about follow ups to it.

I frankly am not sure what the all up cost of a second Paradox would be. It's for sale for $1.3 million. My guess is that it is specced out a lot like the $1.6 Rapido, but really don't know. The major difference is that paradox is all carbon while these are glass/carbon.

I am kind of with you about the Neel. While I get the concept, it just feels like they gave up most of what makes a trimaran desirable to get the living space. Maybe I am wrong, but I am guessing the Neel is no faster than a performance cat, with far less living space.

Hull number 2 is sold and is definitely under construction at the factory in Vietnam . Honesty in advertising is the only reason we say that the boat is not all carbon . In fact the only glass is only used on the outer hull skins for main hull and floats . This was done to comply with CE cat A requirements . All other structural components of the boat are carbon . Beams , daggerboard case , rudder , daggerboard , chain plate bulkheads are all prepreg cured in a Autoclave , not sure but guessing way more high tech than Any cruising boat short of Holland Composites G4 on the market .

All furniture is foam cored with thin veneers to keep it light .

We have female molds for all components and it is a full on production boat designed to appeal to experienced sailors from both monohull and catamarans that want a cruising boat that really can sail most places in comfort at higher than average speeds .

Hull number 1 is well equipped and ready for long distance cruising , has all std features plus all options plus some listed on our web site including a high modulus Southern Spars rotating mast , North 3 Di sails ,

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 31-05-2016, 01:23   #20

Boat: Orca 43

This is the future for cruising! Reminded me of waterworld Kevin Costner movie
Old 28-09-2016, 15:03   #21

Just wanted you to know there is a new youtube movie out since about a week. It dont show any inside but alot around the helm.
Also one can see that the manufacturer finally understood that the 2 tiny solar panels installed to begin with was way small.

Old 29-09-2016, 05:23   #22

Boat: Catana 42 Carbon

I had the enormous pleasure to go for a daysail on Rapido 60 in Phuket this August. The wind was gusty, between 15-20 kn and the sea flat. The boat sailed at 13-18kn on a reach, with absolutely no effort. I was invited to take the helm to bring her back to the marina. Tacking upwind, 10-15kn speed, 45° true over ground. No one touched the sails, the selftacking jib worked flawlessly.
I do confirm that the cockpit and the galley makes one big space. When you're inside you still feels like your outside. Great overall vison and ventilation. The cockpit is very sheltered and the two cabins very spacious. Great for live aboard and fast ocean crossings.
Thanks’ again Paul for the invitation.
Thomas
Old 29-09-2016, 08:15   #23

Boat: No boat..yet.every now and then they let me be the winch monkey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyckham View Post
Wow, thanks for posting. I drool over trimarans large enough to stuff a family into. This one might be workable. I'll have to check the bank account... Nope. Damn.

Pipeline 2 is for sale;

Trimaran 2000 HUGHES/PERRY Trimaran Trimaran For Sale

63ft...wow!

Cheers,
JJ
Old 10-10-2016, 06:14   #24

It goes for slightly more than 800K in US$-currency. Not bad considering what kind of monohull or cat you get for that price.
Old Today, 05:46   #25

Boat: No boat..yet.every now and then they let me be the winch monkey...

A bit smaller than the rapido yet pretty cool;
Tracer 1500TRi

Haven't got a clue what the thing will cost you.

Tags
trimaran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: