Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 15:28   #1

Questions regarding Seaclipper 20

Hello,

I am interested in homebuilding a Seaclipper 20 tri and have a few questions.

a. How suitable are they for a first-time amateur boat builder? I have reasonable carpentry skills but little boatbuilding experience.

b. I mostly intend to use the boat for coastal exploration. How difficult are they to drag up beaches? What sort of surf can they land in?

c. I am slightly worried about the connection between the outer and inner hulls; what sort of connection is this and has anyone had any problems with it? Also is it generally considered a 'safe' boat?

d. I live in Eastern Australia, not far from Sydney. Does anyone have any ballpark figures for construction cost?

e. Does anyone know of any good online sites with information on the Seaclipper 20?

f. Is this a suitable boat for some casual weekend cruising, beach camping etc. with family and friends? I have some experience sailing smaller boats, and went on a holiday a few years back on a large monohull though I have no multihull experience.

g. How do people find storage capacity for food, water and people? Can four people do overnight trips if camping on beaches?

Sorry for the question overload! Any information or advice is very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Miles.
AvocadoRunner is offline   Reply With Quote