Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 13:13   #361
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to Steamer
Re: Privilege Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theSea View Post
We're interested in 12-14 meters (39-47 feet). For the right boat, we may consider one across the pond.
39-1989-4 cabs-Eur110,000-France
Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:05   #362

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold

Just came across this thread that was started rather a long time ago and am wondering what has happened in the intervening years to all the boats and owners.

So, if you were/are a Privilege owner who posted on this thread previously... Where are you now? Do you still own the boat?

Me, I sold a few years ago mainly due to arthritis in the hands and no longer sail. What about you?

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:20   #363

Boat: Privilege 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannius View Post
.....So, if you were/are a Privilege owner who posted on this thread previously... Where are you now? Do you still own the boat?........
Now living onboard my Privilege 37, having retired. Been having a lot of problems with my knees, and recently had an operation to repair torn cartilage. Knee replacement in the future! I had planned to go long distance on retirement, but my knees do not like being at sea for more than a few hours.

Been chasing a few electric gremlins - Can anyone with a 37 inform me on the location of the electric switchbox that is supposed to be in the port companionway? Could probably find it easy if I could crawl around on my knees!
Old 27-07-2016, 08:27   #364

Boat: Privilege 435

I'm still living aboard my 435 and have just about finished the refit which I've been doing myself when my friends don't distract me and lead me into temptation.

New mast and rigging, new engines and drives, redesigned interior, new wiring and plumbing, new hard top, etc...etc...

Planning on retiring within 18 months and sailing off into the sunset.

Mike, I see that Jeannius/Lady Jessamine has been sold again. The new owner had health issues which curtailed his travelling plans. He sold her within the last couple of weeks.
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 10:39   #365

My husband Tony and I are excited to announce that we just purchased Jeannius/Lady Jessamine, soon to be renamed to Aquamarine. We plan to move aboard in a few months, in the meantime giving her fresh bottom paint and a few new electronics. Mike, if we're able to enjoy her even half as much as you have, we'll be delighted. You're always welcome aboard if you're anywhere near.

Privilege, we'd be interested to hearing more on your refit, in particular about the hard top. We're contemplating adding a platform to allow one of us to walk to the back of the boom, without a full hardtop. The bimini top is needing to replaced soon and considering all of the options.
2theSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 06:07   #366

Boat: Privilege 39 MANGO

In Black Point, Exuma, Bahamas for August Monday holiday and Bahamian sloop regatta.
Mango Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 10:37   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
Now living onboard my Privilege 37, having retired. Been having a lot of problems with my knees, and recently had an operation to repair torn cartilage. Knee replacement in the future! I had planned to go long distance on retirement, but my knees do not like being at sea for more than a few hours.
Sorry to hear about the knees. That makes life aboard really difficult. My hands just mean that Jean and I can no longer sail alone, at least we can still go to sea as long as we have friends aboard who can follow instructions!

Old 28-07-2016, 10:45   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privilege View Post
I'm still living aboard my 435 and have just about finished the refit which I've been doing myself when my friends don't distract me and lead me into temptation.

New mast and rigging, new engines and drives, redesigned interior, new wiring and plumbing, new hard top, etc...etc...

Planning on retiring within 18 months and sailing off into the sunset.

Mike, I see that Jeannius/Lady Jessamine has been sold again. The new owner had health issues which curtailed his travelling plans. He sold her within the last couple of weeks.
Hi David... Only 18 months to go, getting close now! Very envious as you'll be young enough to have many years of cruising ahead (unlike me and Talbot). I'd just heard the other day from Michelle and Tony (2theSea) about the sale of dear old Jeannius. I'm sure they've got a great boat after all the work Pat put into her.

Old 28-07-2016, 11:05   #369

Boat: 1995 Privilege 51

Was Lady Jessamine in St Augustine back in July? I think we took a peek at her.

- Ray
~ Following Cs ~
FollowingCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 08:37   #370

Congratulations on your new purchase Michelle and Tony. I was lucky enough to be on board Jeannius in Bermuda when Mike owned her and then again in Bermuda as Lady Jessamine when Pat had her. It's only right therefore that you look me up if you ever visit Bermuda!

As I mentioned, I've been doing a complete refit of 'Aurora' for a while now. I'm just plodding along slowly as-and-when I get a burst of inspiration. I figure that there's no rush as I have another 18 months in Bermuda. I've posted some of the photos of the refit on a Facebook page... 'The sailing catamaran 'Aurora'. I don't seem to be able to post a link on my iPad. The write up for my hard-top is on there with photos.

Fair winds,

David.
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 08:11   #371

Boat: Maine Cat 30

A trip to Bermuda is definitely worth it, if for no other reason than to see what an incredible job David has done with Aurora.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 07-09-2016, 16:55   #372

Boat: Privilege 43

I'm glad to see someone trying to breath life into this thread. I'm on a P43 in the Sea of Cortez. I saw a few Privilege cats on the Atlantic/ Caribbean side, but havn't seen any in the Pacific. I know your out there though. Where are you hiding?
Us4byrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:16   #373

We are getting Cat Tales (P37) ready for a winter cruise from Fl West coast. Just bought a new main and genoa and looking forward to a big improvement in performance. We have owned her for 11 years now and we are still very happy with quality, comfort and performance.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:26   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post

Been chasing a few electric gremlins - Can anyone with a 37 inform me on the location of the electric switchbox that is supposed to be in the port companionway? Could probably find it easy if I could crawl around on my knees!
Talbot, I had one on port side in galley. It was located inside a lower cabinet on inboard side and was a group of DC micro-switches activated by ribbon wire from main DC panel next to nav station. Mine didn't work reliably and I replaced whole DC panel with standard circuit breakers.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:05   #375

Boat: Privilege 43

Can anybody give me advice on greasing(?) the rudder shaft of the Privilege 43? It looks like there is a zirk spot on the post, but mine is stuffed with a rag. And if I need to drop the rudder is it just a matter of removing the quadrant? I'm currently on the hard.
Us4byrds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
privilege