Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 15:27   #16
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Yeah, how did it go? That is the boat that we want to buy once we get this house completed and can start to refocus again. I am way interested in anything to do with the Gemini 105's.
Old 04-05-2008, 15:35   #17

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Canibul

I know that when a "decent" one comes on YachtWorld it does not last more than a month or so.

Any idea what a new one was listed for in 01, 02 or03?

I am thinking about what they sold for new.........don't know for sure though.

And considering how many are out there, there sure aren't too many for sale.

If the timing is wrong we may be bidding on the same one.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 16:22   #18
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
We are not bidding on any boats at the moment. Bought a new power boat a year ago, and just finishing a house. Need to let our $$ count rebuild a bit.

I think those boats sold new for around $ 150-160K in those days. The screecher option added some money. I think most people have put a few bucks into them, with options and add-ons. Enclosures, anchors, radios, GPS, all that stuff...

I have been watching used catamaran markets for about five years now, just keeping in touch. We would love something like a Robertson & Caine Leopard 42, but the shallow draft and narrow beam of the Gemini sure looks much more versatile for just the two of us in these waters. I like the layout, as well.
Old 04-05-2008, 17:28   #19

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
We are not bidding on any boats at the moment. Bought a new power boat a year ago, and just finishing a house. Need to let our $$ count rebuild a bit.

I think those boats sold new for around $ 150-160K in those days. The screecher option added some money. I think most people have put a few bucks into them, with options and add-ons. Enclosures, anchors, radios, GPS, all that stuff...

I have been watching used catamaran markets for about five years now, just keeping in touch. We would love something like a Robertson & Caine Leopard 42, but the shallow draft and narrow beam of the Gemini sure looks much more versatile for just the two of us in these waters. I like the layout, as well.
I have read most of your site.
I have had to spend a lot on the house in the last year. Roof, floors, tree trimming (2 acres 60+trees) etc. go figure.....I would rather have a boat........but I am still married!

I want a 42ft cat too.......for the room and the ability to have "more stuff".
But for Florida and the Bahamas I think the Gemini is a great fit. I had a swing keel 18ft Westerly that floated in 10in. I could always get away from anyone for the night. Grass flats are cool!

PS. the boards are "kick up" on impact so those routes you have shown "to town" ought not to be "too much" trouble.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 13:43   #20

Re: Pre-purchase survey Gemini 105Mc

Been studying the Gemini 105mc for a while now,finally my ducks are lining up & will buy one in June.....seems to match up well for most of what I have plans for, mostly just skipping down the coast doing a lot of fishing. In Florida now. But will scoot over to the Bahamas to explore. I read about these boats being all over the world and really would like to get out into the Pacific but that's a big Maybe so I'm going to buy a boat for what I can do now Coastal cruising. If I do get a chance to make it into the Pacific I still believe this boat is quite capable with all of present-day weather technology there's not that much of a need to put yourself in a bad situation so it basically comes down to being smart knowing your limits
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 10:46   #21

Re: Pre-purchase survey Gemini 105Mc

Thats for the info mcas Im looking to buy a Gemini 105
Sail2Surf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemini