Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
Halo Ireaney we are using the RM 69 made in the Netherlands by Raske and van der Meijden Have been using them for 5 years now without any failure and the macerator is build in the system.
They do not like paper like most toilets but all natural waste is ok

We carry stock and if we can help you let us know

Greetings
Hi Gideon, Are these the ones with the plastic bowls you mentioned once before, if they are I could not find any info on them. Do you have any info or a web link so I can get the dimensions etc.
What sort of price are they and are they the vacuum toilets that are available.
How bad a difficulty do they have disposing of soft tissue?
Thanks
Ian
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35   #47
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
2hulls,

Was the previous owner going west to east? I have considered that route myself. I would love to know more if you have more information.....SORRY ABOUT THE HIJACK
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 13:07   #48
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
Hi Gideon, Are these the ones with the plastic bowls you mentioned once before, if they are I could not find any info on them. Do you have any info or a web link so I can get the dimensions etc.
What sort of price are they and are they the vacuum toilets that are available.
How bad a difficulty do they have disposing of soft tissue?
Thanks
Ian
Hallo Ireaney yes these have plastic bowls and can be purchased in 12 and 24 volts the web site is Raske en Van Der Meyde, Marine Toilets
and the types we use are
9055-12 for 12 volt or
9055-24 for the 24 volt version
Yes they work with the vacuum principle but not like the blakes the cover can stay open.
The water consumption is extremely low , less than 2 liter for a big one and 1/2 liter for a small one .
We use 50 liter black water tanks 2 x and are able to do 60 toilet use without emptying the tanks
the cost to us for a complete unit is around 475 euro net ex vat
They will take soft tissue but as with all units you do not know how long and it will go wrong. I prefer not to use paper at all since it seams I am always the guy that can take the **** out of the pump and I prefer other things in life

Greetings

p.s. total weight to be exact is 3.7 kilo including piping wiring non return valve and pump according to my spread sheet.
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 13:25   #49

Boat: Catana 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
2hulls,

Was the previous owner going west to east? I have considered that route myself. I would love to know more if you have more information.....SORRY ABOUT THE HIJACK
Threadjack continued.

He went east to west, Atlantic to Pacific. You can read his log at WildlifeSAIL - Inspire a new generation to understand and care for the oceans

Dave
2Hulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 13:56   #50

Quote:
Hallo Ireaney yes these have plastic bowls and can be purchased in 12 and 24 volts the web site is Raske en Van Der Meyde, Marine Toilets
and the types we use are
9055-12 for 12 volt or
9055-24 for the 24 volt version
Yes they work with the vacuum principle but not like the blakes the cover can stay open.
The water consumption is extremely low , less than 2 liter for a big one and 1/2 liter for a small one .
We use 50 liter black water tanks 2 x and are able to do 60 toilet use without emptying the tanks
the cost to us for a complete unit is around 475 euro net ex vat
They will take soft tissue but as with all units you do not know how long and it will go wrong. I prefer not to use paper at all since it seams I am always the guy that can take the **** out of the pump and I prefer other things in life

Greetings

p.s. total weight to be exact is 3.7 kilo including piping wiring non return valve and pump according to my spread sheet.
Many thanks Gideon, Ian
Old 06-03-2008, 14:22   #51

I may be very naive, but when you use the toilets without paper in the bowl, what do you do?? I know that in Thailand, you use the toilet paper and then put it into the waste basket next to the bowl as they have very poor and small plumbing as well in Bangkok.

Do boaters do the same method, or do they just drop and pinch and then go about their business?? Or do they do the same as the people in Thailand?? Or do they just rush out of the boat and jump into the water to "clean" off?? I guess I've been spoiled with my friends boats that were like normal home bowls.. Or perhaps they just didn't care..

Thanks for the "intimate" details and sorry for the the highjack..
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 14:59   #52

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Quote:
Hallo mark stop scratching you might loose your hair and a bit of weight.
We use 2 electric toilets each under 3 kilo complete I have the Jabsco
catalog here and the lightest toilet they produce is 16 kilo , this is a smal bowl and it is without the pump , the lightest electric version is 28 kilo,s so if we had used the hand operated toilets our saving would have been 33 kilo but since these are electric the saving is 50 kilo,s I am really no interested if it is 48 or 50 the fact is that it saves weight.
If we can replace an item of 1 kilo for an item of 600 grams and have the same quality we will do so.
For instance , Our 5 winches have a total weigth of 31 kilo made by Holmatro or Harken .if these where made by Lewmar or anderson the weight would be double., 30 kilos extra is 0.5 % weight addition , you might think that is nothing but it adds up.
Greetings

Gideon
Hi Gideon,

I wasn't questioning your weight reduction obsession - I actually respect that and think you are doing a terrific job. I was just stuck on this toilet weight thing. I was basing everything on my manual Jabsco toilet which weighs 12kg, which isn't even the smallest one they make (9.3kg).

Twist 'n' Lock Manual Toilets > Manual Toilets > Toilet Waste Systems > Jabsco - ITT

I see that you are talking about the electric models. I don't know how much they weigh, so will take your word.

Mark
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 15:35   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
I may be very naive, but when you use the toilets without paper in the bowl, what do you do?? I know that in Thailand, you use the toilet paper and then put it into the waste basket next to the bowl as they have very poor and small plumbing as well in Bangkok.

Do boaters do the same method, or do they just drop and pinch and then go about their business?? Or do they do the same as the people in Thailand?? Or do they just rush out of the boat and jump into the water to "clean" off?? I guess I've been spoiled with my friends boats that were like normal home bowls.. Or perhaps they just didn't care..

Thanks for the "intimate" details and sorry for the the highjack..
We've always flushed away the chunky stuff first, then flushed away the paper afterwards. Never had a blockage yet. (Touch wood)
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 17:30   #54

Thanks 44 for the insight into safe toilet etiquette. Like stated, always been spoiled I guess..
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 20:43   #55
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

We build a bidet function into our toilets so you can clean yourself with warm or cold water , the cleanest way as in many tropical country,s
Old 07-03-2008, 01:29   #56

Quote:
We build a bidet function into our toilets so you can clean yourself with warm or cold water , the cleanest way as in many tropical country,s
Hi Gideon, This is another of your great ideas which I would love to adopt when building/fitting out my boat.
Unfortunately I am not a man of means and therefore am unable to afford a Fastcat but I love your principles regarding the weight issues.
When I get to my fitting out stage I would love, if you were in agreement , for me to pick your brains and even if possible fly over to Amsterdam and meet with you.
Thanks Ian
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42   #57
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

No problem Ireaney looking forward to that visit any help i can give I will just do this for a hobby.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:45   #58

Quote:
No problem Ireaney looking forward to that visit any help i can give I will just do this for a hobby.
Thank you kindly.

Ian
Old 07-03-2008, 02:45   #59
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic cat View Post
There is also a difference in the requirements, all CE approved boats have to fulfill certain reuirements regarding scantlings, layup (fibre weight), window/hatch thicknesses,etc. Australian boats don't follow these rules. I'm not saying that they aren't strong enough, just that I know that someone tried to get a Schionning CE approved after he was halfway through the build, and had to give up because it would require at least 400 g/m2 more glass on the outside.

Alan
Lightwaves are laid up to survey specs
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:18   #60
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Lightwaves are laid up to survey specs
And to which survey specs might that be ?

Ce A certification , Norske Veritas Or LLoyds specs , American coastguard or all 4 ?
I did not know that in Australia boats had to meet certain specs but please send me the information on these specs so we can at least build our boats to these specs as well besides the CE A certification
Are Light wave cats CE certified and if so to what certification?
I have not been able to get that info of their web site.
Warm Greetings

Gideon