Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 18:45   #16
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Re: PDQ 36 LRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfl View Post
Not Charles, he likes the open deck on his Shuttleworth and for him and the way he entertains I have to agree. When Ellen was doing the entertaining on my boat she thought there was really not enough space for everyone she wanted to entertain.

Bottom line for me is I really don't like a crowd on the boat so I selected a boat to meet my needs. I did look at PDQs and they are not bad boats. But as you mentioned the biggest difference between a PDQ and a Seawind is sailing ability, something I put a big priority on. Still think I made the best choice for a boat for me.

Agreed, there isn't a perfect boat for everyone. Surprising Ellen thought the seating capacity of the Seawind was to small. Personally I don't think I would want more than 12 people in the cockpit!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 23:51   #17

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Agreed, there isn't a perfect boat for everyone. Surprising Ellen thought the seating capacity of the Seawind was to small. Personally I don't think I would want more than 12 people in the cockpit!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
You never met Ellen. She thought the two trays of ice I had in the freezer were not enough for her to entertain with. Not to mention once she invited two peeps each with a dog to come for snacks, Sage and that sewing lady that had a German Short Hair Terrier. And this was after I had gotten almost all of Tinker's hairs off the boat. But Ellen always had the seating so I was between two single females; so it was not all bad.
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:28   #18

Boat: 1998 PDQ 36 Capella Classic

We have now had our PDQ 36 (classic model - i.e. outboards) for about a year and absolutely love it. It is a 1998 and was still in excellent shape. Standard from the factory, it is a great weekend getaway boat for a couple. We are currently turning it into a permanent liveaboard boat for the islands (adding an aft arch, more solar panels, watermaker, upgrading the electronics, ...).

I agree that it is a much better boat that the Gemini 105MC (I looked at several of those as well) but slightly below a Seawind. However, for just two people (and two cats) it seems like the perfect fit for us.

Cheers,
Mike
S/V Krakato
Krakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdq