Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2008, 11:37   #16

Still No Replies

Hi, Does anybody know what is happening or where Michael Van Dijk of Pacific Multihulls Inc is, I have emailed him 4 times in 4 days giving 2 different email address in case one gets filtered as a spam reply,with no response, I have also tried phoning taking into account the time difference and the phone is never answered - are they still in business - if certain questions could be answered I could be a potential customer, but I am now getting concerned that I I did buy what is the after sales service likely to be!!!!!
How big are they?
How long have they been in business???
Anybody know anything?????
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:27   #17

Boat: Lightwave 45, sold nov 2020.Previous self built Roberts 36
Hi,

check out their web site www.pacificmultihulls.com. They have advertised in Australian Multihull World (fantastic mag IMHO) for quite some time. I recall they were at this years sanctuary cove boatshow on the Goldcoast (OZ), with sections of the hulls. I didn't really check them out, as one boat build is enough for me, was too busy drooling over the Lightwave 45. According to the press reports the kit has only recently been avialble so, maybe you would be the first ......someone has to, just like the whole penguin thing.... I have seen photos and maybe recall a story about a 46footerthat was built in kiribati. But all this is from press reports.......GC
Glenn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:30   #18

Boat: Schioning 12.3 "Wilderness" Bi-Rig under construction
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsical
ireaney
AFAIK they are a very recent startup of two people. Not sure if they have a boat on the water yet. I will try and get some more info for you if you want.

Mike
Whimsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 01:27   #19

I have managed to speak with Michael this morning, it appears we kept crossing each other and he was using an email address of mine that is never used and I don't know how he got it.
Things seem to be moving along with the first kits being depatched in September, will wait to see a finished version.
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 21:40   #20

Pacific Multihulls today

Pacific Multihulls now is in effect Australian Composite Panels. Mark Stephens (the designer), Mark Giles (Floor manager) and Brett Eggledon (financier) have bought out all rights of the company, including molds and stock. Production of the Pacific 40 (now the Solitary Island 12) will continue with three boats currently under construction; one in the US. The website explains all. This gives the company a new energy and focus.
All inquiries will be handled promptly.
gilesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 00:15   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy View Post
Pacific Multihulls now is in effect Australian Composite Panels. ... The website explains all.
What web site?
sail_socal is offline   Reply With Quote