Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2012, 04:12   #16
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Outremer 49 to be at Strictly Sail Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multihull View Post
Funny,

In USA the price is 875k $ (670k euro).
2010 Outremer OUTREMER 49 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Previously in St Martin 775k euro (=1.010k USD).
2010 Outremer 49 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

More then 100k euro reduced.
Another 375k and I will buy it.

Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCatamarans View Post
Outremer 49 basic show price in Miami is app. $750k. That is delivery France
If that USD750k list price is correct, then around EUR580k - and that's before negotiating. For a brand new one, in a normal colour!

IMO EUR400k for s/h (especially in a colour that will only appeal to a few! - and who also don't suffer from Mal de Mer!) is not out of the ballpark and in event only 40% off asking price (and only 30% below list). Appreciate that she will likely have a few bells and whistles above bog standard - but all only s/h gear now, so Vendor gets to suck it up .

No idea of course whether even worth EUR400k, but if I was interested wouldn't be shy about getting in contact - only a few reasons I can think off for someone selling a boat a year after launch, either too much money and didn't like her (and can afford to change mind - for a different colour?!) or not enough money and wants / needs shot of......certainly seem to be putting some effort in to sell.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 07:30   #17

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

DOJ
The Outremer 49 won every award there is. It is the boat, period. There are 5 for sale on YW with the lowest asking price of $835,000 for the first one built in 2009 and that one is a little spartan in the option department. Keep in mind that a new one is a stripped model and you will likely run up 100K to 200K in options, fees and import duties to the US. This is why the used 2011 model still has an asking price of $911,000. These boats can easily run over a million bucks. So if you think you are going to buy one for 400K euros ($526,000) then you are living in a fantasy. I doubt you could get one for $700,000.
Some boats hold their value well such as the Catanas, Privileges, Seawinds, Mantas etc. FWIW the price of the used Out49 is about in line with a Catana 50. I doubt you can get one of these for 400K euros either.
I posted these almost exact words in a recent thread.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:16   #18

Boat: O45 ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab
DOJ
The Outremer 49 won every award there is. It is the boat, period. There are 5 for sale on YW with the lowest asking price of $835,000 for the first one built in 2009 and that one is a little spartan in the option department. Keep in mind that a new one is a stripped model and you will likely run up 100K to 200K in options, fees and import duties to the US. This is why the used 2011 model still has an asking price of $911,000. These boats can easily run over a million bucks. So if you think you are going to buy one for 400K euros ($526,000) then you are living in a fantasy. I doubt you could get one for $700,000.
Some boats hold their value well such as the Catanas, Privileges, Seawinds, Mantas etc. FWIW the price of the used Out49 is about in line with a Catana 50. I doubt you can get one of these for 400K euros either.

It is obvious that you like the 49 very much.
I have not sailed her. Only looked around during the la grande motte show last year. And I liked it a lot. Including the tillers :-)

But five for sale whilst only 20 build is not good marketing and suggests that something is wrong.
Would be nice to hear the sellers story. Disappointed in the vessel or ........?

Rob
Multihull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 10:05   #19

Well, you got me wondering so I read the brokers pitch.
One is for a new yet to be built boat.
The expensive one is for sale due to unforeseen family circumstances.
The cheap one has completed a sabbatical year so I guess it has served it's purpose. This one was the first one and it's somewhat famous for having the unique blue hulls. Oh yes, it was the one in all the Boat of the Year pics and all the other awards and all the magazine articles. That can't be a bad thing.
It doesn't say anthing about the other 2.

I don't think we can infer anything one way or another from these 4 used boats about quality or suitability. Lots of fairly new used boats, cars and everything else come on the market and it doesn't mean anything except that the owner would like to sell them. And this high price tag (to us) is not out of line with most newer 50 cats.

BTW I do Like the 49 and so does just about everyone else. I really like the brand new 5X. Betcha it wins boat of the year too.
Old 19-03-2012, 12:31   #20
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
DOJ
You may well be right.

But something I have learnt over the years is that one of the things that differentiate "the rich" from mere mortals is the size of the hole they can dig for themselves financially. Treble that for the wannabees .

I doubt if any of the 5 will get listed at EUR400k - but that don't mean one won't sell at that. or less.....and yer only need one. Personally, even if I had that sort of money spare (I don't ) I doubt I would spend it on a boat (of whatever make / hull configaration).....so am not counting me shekkels up!

Don't ask - don't get....I posted these almost exact words in a recent thread
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:40   #21
Marine Service Provider

Bear in mind that most of the 49's built so far have been for young families that are taking a sabbatical to do a circumnavigation and then to sell the boats on the backend, which shows that the boats are holding their resale value.
This is a trend that is particular to the 49.
I know from 1st hand knowledge that one and mabye two of the 49's for sale are so that the owners can get the 5X.
Kent
JustCatamarans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:55   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Well, you got me wondering so I read the brokers pitch.
One is for a new yet to be built boat.
The expensive one is for sale due to unforeseen family circumstances.
The cheap one has completed a sabbatical year so I guess it has served it's purpose. This one was the first one and it's somewhat famous for having the unique blue hulls. Oh yes, it was the one in all the Boat of the Year pics and all the other awards and all the magazine articles. That can't be a bad thing.
It doesn't say anthing about the other 2.

I don't think we can infer anything one way or another from these 4 used boats about quality or suitability.
Not fully correct.
There are five for sale. Prices in euro,

2009 Hull 1 Bretagne 640.000 (Alidade)
2010 Hull ... Australia 704.746
2010 Hull ... Miami 670.525 (Kitty Cat)
2011 Hull 15 Trinidad and Tobago 698.000
2011 Hull ... Newport RI 755.252 (Pilgrim II)

And I agree. Impossible to conclude.
But one out of four for sale is a significant number. Whatever the reason.

Rob
Old 19-03-2012, 12:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCatamarans View Post
.... which shows that the boats are holding their resale value.

This is a trend that is particular to the 49.

Kent
Although all five are for sale for minimum four months.
It seems that "holding resale value" is not proofed yet.

Rob
Old 19-03-2012, 13:27   #24

Yup, I missed the Oz one. I wonder if JustCatamarans would even bother writing an offer on one for 400K euros.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:54   #25

Quote:
Not fully correct.
There are five for sale. Prices in euro,

2009 Hull 1 Bretagne 640.000 (Alidade)
2010 Hull ... Australia 704.746
2010 Hull ... Miami 670.525 (Kitty Cat)
2011 Hull 15 Trinidad and Tobago 698.000
2011 Hull ... Newport RI 755.252 (Pilgrim II)

And I agree. Impossible to conclude.
But one out of four for sale is a significant number. Whatever the reason.

Rob
I also like the O'49 a lot and I have done an impressive test sail. Still i am not 100% convinced about the boat. Rumours tell that the boat is very sensitive to loading, i.e. when you put your normal 'must-have' stuff onboard then the performance drops noticeably. While if not loaded it sails really well, i.e. it was the 13th fastest boat overall across the Atlantic in this year's ARC.
Could the loading issue be a reason for 25% of the current owners to sell?
Is there any other negative remarks from current owners?
Does anyone know if there is any commonality in-between these 5 owners that want to sell??
norwegianspacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34   #26

Boat: No boat..yet.every now and then they let me be the winch monkey...

@norwegianspacem;Load one up with water,diesel and counterweights or whatever can be loaded,may cost you some money for fuel but a couple of big stones should not be that expensive!make a testsail and do not forget to make measurements oh and report back to this forum!then we will have facts and not rumours about the O49!

Oh and welcome to the Cruiserforum!

best regards,
JJ
JJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:31   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post
@norwegianspacem;Load one up with water,diesel and counterweights or whatever can be loaded,may cost you some money for fuel but a couple of big stones should not be that expensive!make a testsail and do not forget to make measurements oh and report back to this forum!then we will have facts and not rumours about the O49!

Oh and welcome to the Cruiserforum!

best regards,
JJ
JJ77: The only test sail that we did was in about 8-9 knots of wind and we did around 8-9 knots at 60 degrees to the wind with a brand new boat with carbon rigging (last spring). The tanks were almost empty but we got with us 8 persons, which should equal about the weight of water/diesel when filled-up. On top comes all the other stuff that one typically gathers onboard over time. But it would be useful to know what the existing O'49 cruisers and/or sellers think about the performance when the boat is loaded for cruising, especially from the (owners or visitors of the) 3 most recent boats for sale (i.e. the Miami, Trinidad, Newport ones that I believe all have carbon rigging).... Or if there would be any other (performance/build quality) related comments from them??

Thx,
Norwegianspaceman
norwegianspacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 16:33   #28

Boat: Switch 51

Just wanted to keep the O49 thread going with an update. A 2010 O49 just sold for $575ish US so maybe there is hope for the rest of us. I too would love to hear from some more folks regarding performance with full cruising load not stripped for show although I do like the report of going 60App. at wind speed.
truckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 00:23   #29
cruiser

Quote:

It is obvious that you like the 49 very much.
I have not sailed her. Only looked around during the la grande motte show last year. And I liked it a lot. Including the tillers :-)

But five for sale whilst only 20 build is not good marketing and suggests that something is wrong.
Would be nice to hear the sellers story. Disappointed in the vessel or ........?

Rob
It is amazing how " little knowledge" can be so dangerous, " please , if you have not sailed on an Outremer 49' do not make any assumptions that " Something is wrong" as it occur to you that some owners of the wonderful 49' may wish to upgrade to a 5X , I should know , I have just ordered a 5X after sailing a 49' to the Azores , and for those who are wondering , yes she was fully loaded for cruising and that did not stop us doing over 270 miles day , so much for " loss of performance once laded" .
Gents , this forum is to exchange " true facts" , not to spread rumours that are totally unfounded
Happy sailing to you all
Le Doume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26   #30

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

And in Sept 2014 the new 45 will show up.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami, outremer, sail