Congratulations! We are in a similar situation--we don't really need a new boat for at least a year so waiting is not a problem. We live for 7 months of the year on St. John in the USVI and sail the eastern Caribbean
3 of those months on a 48 foot monohull
. It has served us well but as we get a little older we want the stability and space of a monohull
; and we haven't seen any that look better than the Isara.
Here are my current
1. Where did you buy the boat? What broker did you use?
2. I haven't seen a final spec sheet or price
list for the 45. Did you get one?
3. How did you end up with davits/storage of a dinghy? Are you using the storeage at the back of deck
? Chocks? Keeping the back "open"?
4. The dealer we spoke to (Bay Yachts in Annapolis) suggested Isara might be OK with a refundable deposit that could be returned up to the time a 45 was in the US available for a trial sail. Did you hear anything like that? Do you know when they will have a 45 available for showing?
5. You mentioned using a lawyer who presumably specializes in marine
contracts. Were you pleased with him/her? Recommend them to us?
6. Their web site talks about customization. Did you work with them to customize your boat and if so, how did it go?
7. Who would you suggest we contact at Isara to get started?
Thanks for any help you can give. We'll let you know how it goes at our end--let's stay in touch.