Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2011, 16:14   #1

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Belize 43ft
New Rudders

I am trying to source some new rudders for my Fontaine Pajot Belize 43, can anybody help?
Belize 43 crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:57   #2

Boat: Sold the previous one but there's always another boat!
Re: New Rudders

Belize 43 crew:

You didn't mention whether you need to replace blades and posts (shafts) or require just a "reblade", but for either situation, the choices that I'm aware of are: Phil's Foils in Canada (www.fastcomposites.ca), Foss Foam in Florida (NewRudders.com » About Us), and Finco in California (FinCo Fabrication Creates Quality Fiberglass Products for Boating and Industry in Santa Ana, California).

I only have experience in dealing with Finco. Over the years, I've had them do new daggerboards and rudders, as well as replace rudder blades. I understand they have done many catamaran rudders and shipped them to customers throughout the USA, South Pacific and Caribbean.

If it's a reblade that you require, your rudders w/shafts can be shipped to Finco and they can either make a mold from one of your existing rudder blades, or utilize one of the many rudder molds that they have that would be appropriate.
GOsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28   #3

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris

Foss Foam in Florida made a custom rudder for me years ago. They also have an enormous number of "stock" rudder molds for repairing or replacing brand name boat's rudders.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:35   #4

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Belize 43ft

I Need to replace the entire rudders, There is some rust pitting on the bottom of the rudder stock, the surveyor suggests they will last under light pressure but will need to be changed for an ocean crossing.

You didn't mention whether you need to replace blades and posts (shafts) or require just a "reblade", but for either situation, the choices that I'm aware of are: Phil's Foils in Canada (www.fastcomposites.ca), Foss Foam in Florida (NewRudders.com » About Us), and Finco in California (FinCo Fabrication Creates Quality Fiberglass Products for Boating and Industry in Santa Ana, California).

I only have experience in dealing with Finco. Over the years, I've had them do new daggerboards and rudders, as well as replace rudder blades. I understand they have done many catamaran rudders and shipped them to customers throughout the USA, South Pacific and Caribbean.

If it's a reblade that you require, your rudders w/shafts can be shipped to Finco and they can either make a mold from one of your existing rudder blades, or utilize one of the many rudder molds that they have that would be appropriate.[/QUOTE]
Belize 43 crew is offline   Reply With Quote