Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015, 06:34   #166

Re: New FP 40

Pat Nantes,

I don't think my last post requires translation.

But if you are still having difficulty: "After my research, for the reasons I mentioned, I don't like Fountaine Pajot brand anymore and I do not intend to spend my money on it. Chapter closed."
CountingCrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:32   #167

Cool Re: New FP 40

@CountingCrows

The way you talk to others forumers
"Just stay off" to NETNOB / MB2013
"Chapter closed " to me
isn't an open mind attitude...
Pat Nantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:54   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Nantes View Post
@CountingCrows

The way you talk to others forumers
"Just stay off" to NETNOB / MB2013
"Chapter closed " to me
isn't an open mind attitude...
Given the history, that forum member was a competitor of FP and constantly slandered the boat throughout this thread. Stop playing mentally-challenged and pretending not to know what I am saying, you even wrote that to him yourself.

I on the other hand, am about to buy a cat. I came here with an open mind -- favoring 40/Helia. I did my research, given the constant propaganda of FP dealers, and rusting on a 3 months old Helia that I just saw, I decided this brand is not going to get my money. So I said "chapter is closed" for me. Not for you. Not for anybody.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat all these but I am not getting through.

Do you want me to fax this to you (in Braille)?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:45   #169

Boat: Pearson Ensign , Sea Pearl 21

Crows, you are being snarky and misleading.

I see you've been 'looking' since 2013 and still undecided. Did you say you saw 'rust'. OMG. Good luck finding your dream boat if that is your main criteria.

Propaganda puts you off? Which government are you going to support then? If you meant marketing, then as a business owner, I am sure you can appreciate it is necessary and take it for what its worth and do your own due diligence....or perhaps not.

Real excited to hear what you finally buy though.
Old 10-07-2015, 22:07   #170

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchdaddy View Post

I see you've been 'looking' since 2013 and still undecided. Did you say you saw 'rust'. OMG. Good luck finding your dream boat if that is your main criteria.

Propaganda puts you off? Which government are you going to support then? If you meant marketing, then as a business owner, I am sure you can appreciate it is necessary and take it for what its worth and do your own due diligence....or perhaps not.

I had the same reaction. Only casually following this thread, CCs search is three years old. Things may change tomorrow
But those are the facts.

Can you say, Warning - Thread closure ahead?
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:06   #171

Trying to discredit my opinion with ad hominem attacks is not going to work Latchdaddy.

We were looking to get Mahe 36 / Lagoon 38 two years ago. We decided on Lagoon 38 thanks to everyone's help here. However, Lagoon had an issue with their dealers here and we did not complete that.

At 33, since I am neither retired nor unemployed, I do not have ample amounts of free time on my hand chasing boats. I was and I am busy running my company.

My lady wants a cat, euro down 40% since then, so I came to get a 40-44 now with the budget spared to this. Initially NEW 40/ Helia 44. But with my latent acquired distaste of FP, we decided on a Leopard 48 which comes to the same price of a Helia 44. We are also looking for Lagoon 440. We will go to Paris Boat Show and finish this there.

Rust issue:
* That Helia was 3 months old, and the ugliness was visible as soon as you stepped onboard. Rust bleeding was on top of hte sliding door. We did not expect that at all on such a new board at such a visible location.

* I have also seen an old Lagoon 440 that did not have such a visible rusting issue. But I did not inspect it -- just a casual glance, same one I had thrown to a Helia.

* However, I did inspect a 3 year old Maverick 40, and the rust was only visible inside the lazareths. So hell no, you can leave with it, but I don't wish to. That is why we choose new as opposed to used.

And no, I do not like propaganda tactics of FP belittling all other catamaran companies. Of all the companies I have seen, they are the only ones doing it.

As I said, FP chapter is closed for me. My money is not going there not now, not ever. But I do not care where your money goes. So I will not hijack this thread further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchdaddy View Post

Old 11-07-2015, 05:01   #172

Boat: Hunter 36

This is all too ridiculous. Still so much hatred about a boat that hasn't been built yet. So far I think the design is fantastic and I am putting it on my short list.

As far as rust on a Helia 44 - even stainless steel rusts a bit if the owner doesn't take care of it, and it can usually be polished away quickly. I don't think there's any boat that can avoid that. As long as you have metal, it will rust. The only metals that won't oxidize are metals that no one uses in boat construction materials, like gold, platinum and palladium.
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:18   #173
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
even stainless steel rusts a bit .
Yes - I do occasionally have to remind people that the name is stainLESS not stain-never. Stainless should obviously rust, but some corrosion is to be expected.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:08   #174
Marine Service Provider

Concerning overheads in infusion molded decks--by FP. Look at the 44 and 50--the 40 will be similar. upholstered panels are incorporated in the overhead with recesses that provide for indirect soft ceiling lighting (LED). The molded part has a soft, textured finish. Most owners and people at shows find this very appealing.

The weight and cost saving (when you amortize enough production to cover the costs of the much more expensive tooling) is a bonus.
BYA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 15:19   #175
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

A typo in there - it should read
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Yes - I do occasionally have to remind people that the name is stainLESS not stain-never. Stainless should obviously NOT rust, but some corrosion is to be expected.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 15:25   #176

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat
Re: Anybody have info on a new FP 40' cat?

Duplex SS is pretty resistant.....👍

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 20:21   #177

Re: Anybody have info on a new FP 40' cat?

Regarding the rusting on boats, why don't builders use 316 surgical grade stainless?

It's not much more expensive and with boat pricing, I would be happy to pay couple thousand more to be rust free for the next 60 to 80 years

If I remember this right, you can bury that stuff on the bottom of the ocean and it will stay rust free for 60 to 80 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
gixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 20:47   #178

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
This is all too ridiculous. Still so much hatred about a boat that hasn't been built yet. So far I think the design is fantastic and I am putting it on my short list.

As far as rust on a Helia 44 - even stainless steel rusts a bit if the owner doesn't take care of it, and it can usually be polished away quickly. I don't think there's any boat that can avoid that. As long as you have metal, it will rust. The only metals that won't oxidize are metals that no one uses in boat construction materials, like gold, platinum and palladium.

It is (ridiculous) to think that a profit taking enterprise possessing the capability to clone one fantastic design after the other would "gold plate" components that, as inferior as they are to perfection, potentially yield very close to design spec'd performance consistently.

Please.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 03:00   #179

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101

Anyway,
i'll be interested to visit it, and I will surely ask to try it sailing...
Hope in LR in september or Paris in December...
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 11:01   #180

Looking at the data generated on Multihulls Dynamics using the stated data from FP, the FP 40 (or 38 for those so inclined) has performance projections with a Texel rating of 133 vs 158 for the Lg 39 and 146 for the Leop 40 and boatspeed projections of 9.82 kn vs 8.49 and 9.13 for the Lag 39 and Leop 40 respectively.

I look forward to seeing and sailing one next year.
tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote