Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 00:48   #1

Need: Co-Owner on a Leopard 44 (Chartered with Moorings)

Hi guys,

I liked the new leopard 44 and would like to buy one and put it int he mooring charter program for the next five years and then go for a world tour with it at the end of the charter program. I have enough money to buy half of the requested amount but I'm looking for someone interested in buying the other half and get free boat rental with moorings for the next five years and I would buy his share back at the end of the five years whatever the shape of the boat is at this time.

If you're interested here are the details of the deal:
the boat cost : 410 000 Euros
Moorings finances 45% = 185 000 euros.
We need to finance the rest = 225 000 euros.
I personaly bring 112 500 euros.
I need one to bring the remaining 112 500 euros or 2 persons to bring 56 250 euros each.

The boat would be placed in charter with moorings for the next 5 years. We would all benefit from up to 12 free weeks of vacations to share among us every year on the boat or a similar one in any of moorings and sunsails bases around the world.

At the end of the 5 years I would garantee to buy your shares of the boat back at the exact same euros value that you initialy purchase them. Resulting in true free hollidays durring the next five years.

If you are interested please contact me back as soon as possible as their is only 1 boat left for this years season.
I am based in France, but the co buyer could be anywhere elase in the world it doesn't matter as we would both directly contract with moorings.

Cheers to everyone and please come back to me idealy this week if you find the offer interesting.

Antoine
janning2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Need: Co-Owner on a Leopard 44 (Chartered with Moorings)

Greetings and welcome aboard the C, Antoine.

It's not polite (nor allowed) to "double post".
#34 ➥ http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post678626

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 08:21   #3

Did you get sorted as we are looking to buy a new Leopard 44 and share it with one other.
tshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 10:35   #4

Considering that he posted this three years ago, and hasn't been back or posted since then, I doubt that Antoine is going to be responding.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 21:11   #5

That's quite a zombie thread. I always wondered if those charter programs were any good.
Old 25-06-2014, 21:20   #6

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
That's quite a zombie thread. I always wondered if those charter programs were any good.
They are. For the right person anyway. Lots of factors though. Works very well for us.
maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 04:48   #7
Marine Service Provider

I'd be interested in someone posting some actual figures and not guesstimates, just for interests sake.

Based on the numbers in the first post, can I assume that I'm buying a boat worth 410k, Moorings finance 45% so 185k, then I finance 225k and at the end I get a 5 year old boat that I have paid 225k for and I got to use for 12 weeks a year, is that it? So anything more than that in terms of income from charters is a bonus for me?

Sounds interesting as much as I'm not interested right now. Ultimately I presume it all depends on utilisation... so who pays for sails etc?
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 06:26   #8

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9

I am not familiar with the program in the OP (which was posted in 2011!) but this would clearly be a non-guaranteed revenue so you'd get a percentage of the revenue but may also have to pay for dockage and such. I'm not exactly sure how they work it in their non-guaranteed programs. It's very easy to contact them and get info on their programs though - at least the numbers part of it and contract terms.
maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leopard