Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 22:33   #1

Boat: 38' Harris Trimaran
NEED ADVICE- moving onto a 38' trimaran for a year.

I am looking for some advice. I am moving onto a 38 foot trimaran in a few weeks.. for the next year.

I spent a few years living on a catamaran when I was a kid and have grown up around boats with my dad being a multihull addict and all. The best years of my life were when we were cruising and I think he knows I have wanted to go back ever since. The past ten years I have been trying to fit in, be a part of this western world and it just doesn't feel right. I've always had this feeling that I was meant to go back on the water.

I just turned 28 and my dad sees that I just haven't been able to catch a break here in our home town so he has offered for me to go live on one of his trimarans for the next year. To go find myself or something along those lines. Lolol.

I've gotten rid of everything and we are taking off to Maine next week to go put her in the water. My dad will only be able to stay with me for a few weeks before he has to come home. We want to bring her down south (somewhere in the Carolina's/Georgia) so I can live aboard at a Marina for a few months. He will then come back so we can go to the Bahamas for a few months. If everything goes as planned.

Does anyone know of a decent marina that will fit a boat of this size that is reasonable and in a fun location? He has a place in mind in New Bern but I was wondering if any others were recommended? The boat is 38x24.

Any other tips for moving on board that will help? It has been 15 years since I have lived on a boat!

Thanks!
wander. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 00:23   #2

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Re: NEED ADVICE- moving onto a 38' trimaran for a year.

As to moving aboard, for your; personal gear, clothes, & comfort items - buy two large duffle bags (maybe 3). The rest of what goes onboard will be boat gear, spares, food & galley gear; more or less.
Someone please let me know if I'm off on this, keeping in mind that it's a mid sized tri.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trimaran