Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2009, 19:01   #1
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Nautitech 47

I'm wondering if anyone has owned or chartered a Nautitech 47. I'm interested in it's sailing performance and build quality mainly. I realize the con's of the dual outboard helms and am not looking for a discussion on that feature.

What I specifically like about the boats from pictures is the galley, nav station, and short extended hard top. It appears to have a fairly good bridge deck clearance. Thanks.
Palarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 15:42   #2
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Thought I'd try once more.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nautitech 47?
Palarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 16:07   #3

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
I take a delivery from Martinique to St marteen in a 47, what you want to know??
Construction Quality? like many others charters catamarans around, and who the hell want to be in the open helm station in rough weather?? sorry i dont have to much sailing miles in this particular catamaran, sounds to me is Dufour construction. Cheers
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 17:32   #4

We were and still maybe looking at the N47. We do love everything about it except for the exposed helms. But, that being said, I think that can easily be covered in a custom made bimini. I won't let that be my only deterrent and if I do purchase one, I'll have something made. All too easy!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 17:56   #5

Boat: a sailing boat
Good quality as might be expected from the French. The exposed stations why issue if the boat goes 99% by auto or via the remote joystick. Twin exposed stations are very good if you like to be in the breeze or have a lot of marina manouvering to do.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:30   #6

Re: Nautitech 47

Bump. Same question from a different shopper.

I know they're popular for charters, has anyone cruised them? Anyone charter one? Are there any blogs/vlogs of anyone cruising them actively?

I see they're sorta scattered all over the world, presumably they sailed to their respective homes so presumably they're blue water capable.

Any input is welcome and appreciated...
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:46   #7

Boat: TRT 1200 GT

Hi,

you might want to contact Martin Ernstbrunner, he switched to a Nautitech 47 in 2017 and is an experienced multihull sailor. He can probably make good comparisons to other/faster boats. He had a Lerouge Barramundi 470 before, which was a bit more performance oriented than the Nautitech.

https://alive.page4.com/the_yacht_wild_too.html
https://www.facebook.com/mernstbrunner

Paul
toolbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:53   #8

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48

Dunno about the 47, but we talked to a couple in Chiapas, MX who, after sailing Catanas for years, bought a Nautitec 44. They were less than thrilled with the performance.

Cheers,
Old 12-04-2019, 04:40   #9

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdazey View Post
Dunno about the 47, but we talked to a couple in Chiapas, MX who, after sailing Catanas for years, bought a Nautitec 44. They were less than thrilled with the performance.

Cheers,
I’ve met a few owners who said their N441/442 sailed quite well, and I’ve watched them sail past us in mid-sized cats. I don’t care for the anchor chain storage on the port side, but otherwise I like them.

Note: If comparing to a Catana with daggerboards, 90% of production boats will lose when discussing performance.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:41   #10

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
I’ve met a few owners who said their N441/442 sailed quite well, and I’ve watched them sail past us in mid-sized cats. I don’t care for the anchor chain storage on the port side, but otherwise I like them.

Note: If comparing to a Catana with daggerboards, 90% of production boats will lose when discussing performance.

Not to argue, Lee. I'm sure there's a lot to like about them. I mentioned the one discussion I had with the owners of a 44 as I believe Soma has enough experience with very high performance multis to understand the difference.

Cheers,
Old 13-04-2019, 06:19   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdazey View Post
Not to argue, Lee. I'm sure there's a lot to like about them. I mentioned the one discussion I had with the owners of a 44 as I believe Soma has enough experience with very high performance multis to understand the difference.

Cheers,
Joe,

No argument seen or intended at all! I’m sure the owners certainly can tell the difference between the boats, but for anybody else who’s never sailed a Catana or other performance cat with daggerboards, they have no way to gauge how much difference exists.
I like several things about the Nautitech, but I also like a bunch of other boats - none of which we’ll buy as our last boat! 🤪

I appreciated your anecdote either way.

Best regards,
Old 13-04-2019, 06:56   #12

Boat: Wharram Tiki 46

Just met a family cruising in a Bavaria/Nautech 47 from 2017.

I really liked the layout and the look of the boat.

They had some issues with leaks from the start.

Portlights in the roof were still sealed with some kind of tape.

They also mentioned that the interior finish was not great, problems with doors sticking.
NahanniV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 03:32   #13
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Thought I'd try once more.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nautitech 47?
Hi David,

I guess you meant Nautitech 46, there isn't any 47 sailing catamaran. They have a motor catamaran 47.

Yes, I've sailed a N 46 from La Rochelle to Marmaris (3.200 nm) and she's now in charter. The one we have is a Fly version and 4 cabins. But as the hulls identical , it may give you an idea.
First of all, even though she's called 46 , in reality it's a full 45 ft.
Finish is slightly better than Lagoon but a bit worse than new model FP's.
She was chartered for a year now and we didn't have any problem at all so far.
Pricewise, it was 10 % cheaper vs. similar models of Lagoon when compared apple to apple.
The hulls are much slimmer compared to Lagoon and sails much better than Lagoon and better than FP's. The one we have has a fully battened mainsail and self tacking gib. The open version should sail even better as they are 6-700 kg lighter and have less windage.
Obviously, the slimmer hulls result with smaller cabins and beds..The cockpit and saloon is OK.

Bridge deck clearance is very good, we never slammed even upwind and
choppy seas. It also sails pretty close to the wind, up to 40 degrees AWA easily.
Self tacking gib+battened mainsail is to way to go. I would add a furling genneaker or assymetrical spi for running or down wind.

Overall, it's well designed boat, good performance

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 04:44   #14
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

[QUOTE=yeloya;2869867]Hi David,

I guess you meant Nautitech 46, there isn't any 47 sailing catamaran. They have a motor catamaran 47.

Yes, I've sailed a N 46 from La Rochelle to Marmaris (3.200 nm) and she's now in charter. The one we have is a Fly version and 4 cabins. But as the hulls identical , it may give you an idea.
Pricewise, it was 10 % cheaper vs. similar models of Lagoon when compared apple to apple.
The hulls are much slimmer compared to Lagoon and sails much better than Lagoon and better than FP's. The one we have has a fully battened mainsail and self tacking gib. The open version should sail even better as they are 6-700 kg lighter and have less windage.
Obviously, the slimmer hulls result with smaller cabins and beds..The cockpit and saloon is OK.

choppy seas. It also sails pretty close to the wind, up to 40 degrees AWA easily.
Self tacking gib+battened mainsail is to way to go. I would add a furling genneaker or assymetrical spi for running or down wind.

Cheers

Yeloya[/

They built a 47’ model in the early 2000’s.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 04:51   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Hi David,

Cheers

Yeloya
Hi Yeloya,

This is one time I’ll have to disagree with you, especially since we looked at several N47s when we started our search. Here’s a lovely one that just went under contract: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...ch-47-3160031/

And a few more: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/cat...e/Nautitech/47

Regards,
Lee