The following are my opinions on the Nautitech 44 These are not based on personal experience of sailing one but purely on viewing at boat shows and technical data gathered during my search for a similar cat.
Probably one of the best internal layout available, finished to a good standard (not quite Privilege
but comparable with Lagoon). Compeditively priced.
Why I haven't ordered one yet, (please note YET as it is still on my shortlist) Helms, great visibilty but do I want to be stuck out at there in either really bad weather
or on boiling hot days with no protection. Beam, for it's length of waterline the beam is quite narrow, if you compare it with the Lagoon 440
it has nearly 13m sq less deck
space (Length x Beam) and 5m sq less than the Orana
Performance, although it is lighter than the Lagoon
and FP when you look at the Sail area/displacement figures it is 10% down on the Lagoon
and 20% on the FP, this could be improved with a larger rig?
I am off to La Rochelle next month to hopefully finalise my decision which will be 60% gut feel with the other 40% being backed up by technical data. I have made a spreadsheet with all the different boats data plus our personal rating of every feature that is important to us. This gives us a total score for each boat on our shortlist which will hopefully help us in our final decision. There are currently 9 boats on our list which will be cut down to a maximum of 3 in the next month or so.