Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2008, 06:51   #1

Nautitech 40

Me again,

While I have pretty much decided that a Privilege 37 is going to be the boat for me, it doesnt hurt to keep looking (especially as the 37 seems to be quite rare on the market).

I have come across the Nautitech 40 (and earlier 395) and these seem to be comparable to the 37 in terms of accomodation (apart from the central master berth which I quite like) and over all design.

Does anyone have any experience of these. Finish wise they look closer to the privilege (lots of nicely finished wood, not too much plastic on show) and there seem to be a few more on the market than the 37. I would want a three cabin owners version so I guess that means I should be able to avoid most charter boats.

Does anyone know how they sail. I have come to accept with a solid cruising boat like the Privilege I am going to be going around at about 8knts save for the odd 10-12knt blast in the right conditions and is this the case with the Nautitech as well?

Oppinions and experiences most welcome.

Thanks again,

JRB
jrb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2008, 09:12   #2

Boat: Broadblue 385, called Troutbridge
Send a message via Skype™ to Troutbridge
I looked at a Nautitech 40 before buying my BB385. Reasons for my choice are not important but performance-wise (in the real world of cruising) if you're talking about a fully-loaded blue water boat I'd say around 7 knots would be the cruising speed. loaded for a two week summer cruise with short legs probably around 8/9 kts, with faster under the right conditions, as you say. Both boats were being sold by the same agent, he ran a BB385 as a demo boat & his brother had the Nautitech. Before I had made up my mind (or at least told them), Nautitech bro reckoned his boat was faster, based on a cruise across the English Channel. BB man said 'yeah, like about 30 mins over a 65 mile leg'. In short, I reckon that you are right in your thinking.
Troutbridge is offline   Reply With Quote