We went to our first Miami Boat Show
last week.. had a BLAST!!! and have so many thoughts... so, I wanted to share...
After the show, I've come to many conclusions:
1. We need a LOT more money
2. We need to get into a lot better shape, physically!!!
3. Went on a few monohulls.. they are BEAUTIFUL.. but absolutely NOT for us. Too much "motion in the ocean"!!
4. Neither of us understand the appeal of the Trimaran
. We went on the Neel. It was pretty.. but a strange layout.. and the hulls seemed to be completely wasted space...
5. The Gemini
, (which had been on our short list) though pretty decent quality, was WAY too small for us. It was the first Cat we went on.. and I couldn't wait to get off!! it was so small, I got claustrophobic..
6. Isara? I already updated my thoughts on another tread.. but to sum it up? not impressed.
7. Biggest surprise of the show?? The Leopard
cats! After looking on line, I had ruled them out.. didn't like the design. But seeing them in person? They are terrific! I LOVE the front cockpit! We really liked the 48... I kept saying that I couldn't believe it was a 48 because it felt so much bigger..
8. Biggest disappointment?? Nautitech. I apologize for offending anyone, but in my opinion.. they were crap! the quality was so poor compared to some of the more moderate brands (FP.. Leopard
9. Of the boats we saw at the show, there are 3 boats at the top of our list.. in this order:
a. leopard 48
b. Helia 44
10. On the "I could settle for this boat list"?
a. Leopard 44
11. There were many other boats we loved.. but they were way too big.. and way out of our price
range (even on the used market)
Anyway... you can't imagine how excited we now are about this adventure... And, we can't wait to go to Anapolis in October...