Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-06-2012, 15:04   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: Corinthian 41 Tri #12
Multihull Dynamics, Inc

Multihull Dynamics, Inc has changed its format. The database of over 1000 multihulls is now available FREE. You may also compare boats for FREE. The Custom Evaluation page, helpful to prospective builders and also helpful to racers and cruisers is FREE as well.

If you had an account set up with us previously it is no longer available to you and you will need to setup another to access the free services.

Cal Markwood and I hope you enjoy the new setup.

Best Regards,

Pat Ross
Pat Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:46   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Re: Multihull Dynamics, Inc

Thanks for doing this Pat.

I have some corrections for your data on the Manta 40. We have had our bottom soda blasted and uncovered the design waterline mark Manta had in its mold for the 40, so I was able to make some measurements from these. I have also made a lot of other measurements, and know for certain what the factory delivered weight for this boat is.

I did not see where I could make changes on your website, so will do so here...

Bh = 4'
LWL = 38'4"
BCL = 15'7"
BdCL = 24"
Displacement light ship = 16,500lbs (LS=no water or fuel, but ALL of Manta's standard equipment - the majority of which would be considered a full-out option package on any other boat including the large hardtop bimini, W/D, A/C, full Corian countertops, watermaker, 5KW generator, inverter/charger, 480W of solar panels, etc.)

100 gallons each of fuel and water adds ~1,600lbs, and then there is the 40gal of holding tanks...

These data will change your performance numbers to the downside for this boat, but they are the correct ones to use.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:54   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: Corinthian 41 Tri #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
Thanks for doing this Pat.

I have some corrections for your data on the Manta 40. We have had our bottom soda blasted and uncovered the design waterline mark Manta had in its mold for the 40, so I was able to make some measurements from these. I have also made a lot of other measurements, and know for certain what the factory delivered weight for this boat is.

I did not see where I could make changes on your website, so will do so here...

Bh = 4'
LWL = 38'4"
BCL = 15'7"
BdCL = 24"
Displacement light ship = 16,500lbs (LS=no water or fuel, but ALL of Manta's standard equipment - the majority of which would be considered a full-out option package on any other boat including the large hardtop bimini, W/D, A/C, full Corian countertops, watermaker, 5KW generator, inverter/charger, 480W of solar panels, etc.)

100 gallons each of fuel and water adds ~1,600lbs, and then there is the 40gal of holding tanks...

These data will change your performance numbers to the downside for this boat, but they are the correct ones to use.

Mark

Thank you we appreciate data that has been verified. Real information is so much more valuable than what often is presented by the multihull industry.

On the top and bottom of each of our pages is a link entitled CONTACT, that is the easiest way to reach us. However Cal Markwood, Engineering Analyst for MDI, handles all data and formulas, I am going to pass this along to him. He may be contacted directly by email: multihull.analysis(at)comcast.net

Pat
Pat Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:59   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

BTW, all of the above data are the same for the Manta 42 and Manta 42 MKII, with the exception of the LWL and 120 gal of fuel. They are identical in all other physical respects to the Manta 40, and the extra 18" step added to the stern does not add any significant displacement.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 03-06-2012, 17:59   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Oops, the Bh = 4'2". I typed too fast.

Mark

Tags
multihull

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: