I'll answer the thread title, and add that I live and sail on a monohull
but work as a charter captain
for a multihull operation. Geminis and Fountaine Pajot's primarily.
+ I like twin engines for operations (but not all cats offer that, like the Gemini
+ I like the increased cockpit
+ I like the lack of heel from a comfort prospective.
+ I like the twin swim steps and overall "lounging" nature of a cat. You can't beat them for non-underway comfort.
- I don't like working/maintaining two engines.
- The increase in space is sort of a trade
off because it's very compartmentalized, but it's obviously greater still.
- Glad I don't have to pay the mooring
fee since it's typically double as it's occupying an end tie or two slips.
- I've gotten used to heel as a measure for how hard the boat is being worked and where I'm at in the angle of stability.
- I don't like how little inertia they have and how much they're affected by lateral windage.