Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 26-10-2015, 19:53   #16

Boat: Grand Banks 49
Re: Miami to St Petersburg in early November in 6 days.. Best route. Sailing a 45 ft

Originally Posted by Gboy View Post
Hi all

The charts indicate the pelican pass is only 4 ft ... Is that the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

I draw 5 1/2 ft and have never had a problem, usually more than a foot to spare. Just stay close to the beach on the way in and watch the chart after that.

wayne.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 20:15   #17

Boat: Hunter 2003 356 - Persistence
Miami to St Petersburg in early November in 6 days.. Best route. Sailing a 45...

The entrance into Pellican Bay is 8.8 feet, two boat lengths off the sandbar/beach to the northwest. I watched a video yesterday that I made two years ago coming out of there. Once inside, watch the east side of the bay as depth gets shallow quickly. It is a very protected anchorage. Dinghy into the park dock and walk the mile across to the beach. It is like going back in time. Cayo Costa is a very pretty area and worth the stop. It is around mile 24 on the GICW. Easy two,days to St. Pete up GICW from here.

I don't know how to post the video, but would be glad to share it if anyone wants to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

J Clark H356 is offline   Reply With Quote

miami, route, sail, sailing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: