Thought I'd post another update since we recently started working on the boat again, after a 4-5 month break. Still can't believe the boat is floating after 6 months.
Before the break we took her for a short test drive. The engine
system did not work out very well and we had to be towed back.
After the failed tests we took a break for a few months to focus on other projects. This month we moved the boat closer to town, where it's promoting the clean-up campaign and visitors can look, ask questions, and take photos of it. We also started putting on the finishing touches with hopes to set sail in mid-June for our journey down the Mekong River.
Last week, an electrician installed our 120w solar
panel, 300w inverter
, and a small battery
bank. Nice to have power on the boat. This week we'll be installing an engine that was donated to the project
and we'll be putting in a new arch cover.
For those who suggested covering the bottles under the waterline.... You were 100% correct. The drag and current
were too much for our engine. We will be wrapping the bottom of the boat this weekend. Would have been much easier if I had listen to you before placing the boat in the water