Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 02-05-2014, 00:20   #31

Re: May Commissioning in France - La Rochelle / Les Sables D'Ollone

Thanks Rolf...I was thinking I might be able to do that, as we used to do that on my last boat wherever we were. I just thought i might have a problem with it being brand new, not registered yet and so on.

Because I am buying it so late in the season (July 28 is pickup date), we may just spend a few days or a week provisioning and buying supplies there and then sail down to Gibraltar and get stuff shipped there, where there is no VAT problems. There won't be a lot of people around in August to work on the boat, so might as well use that time sail south...

Old 26-05-2014, 16:04   #32

Boat: Lagoon 380

Hi Monte - we left Les Sable the 9th and had strong Winds going North - up to 49 knots - later the weather got better, but it was very cold until we got to the Kielcanal. Our dog was happy to see ud when we got home...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000240.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	81933  

Old 27-05-2014, 01:13   #33
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Oh nice Django, maybe you could post your comments on what you thought of the 39 in the L39 thread for some comparisons to the 380. Glad you have a safe trip.
Old 27-05-2014, 06:17   #34

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia

It's great to see so many people picking up new boats! A couple of questions for those of you with experience, so hopefully I will look like I know what I'm doing when we pick our our Helia in October.

1) When shipping items into France from outside the EU, did you have to pay customs duties/fees? We're going to immediately export our boat out of the EU, so we should be okay on VAT, but I'm not sure about customs.

2) For those of you who shipped items into France (specifically into La Rochelle), what shipping service did you use and did you have someone in France to help guide the shipment through customs?

Thanks for the help!

David
StarryHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 21:37   #35

Boat: Lagoon 450, Bavaria Vision 40

I found a shipping agent in my area using the Internet.
I confirmed with the commissioning company (in my case SAS) that they can receive and store my goods.
I sent to:
Vessel Name - Lagoon 450#130
Yacht in Transit
C/o SAS
Address

Worked for me. Confirm with your broker or commissioning company that it will work for you.
Old 02-06-2014, 13:47   #36

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roetter View Post
I found a shipping agent in my area using the Internet.
I confirmed with the commissioning company (in my case SAS) that they can receive and store my goods.
I sent to:
Vessel Name - Lagoon 450#130
Yacht in Transit
C/o SAS
Address

Worked for me. Confirm with your broker or commissioning company that it will work for you.
Thanks Roetter. Did you end up having to pay any customs duties/fees with your shipment? And were SAS able to help guide everything through customs or did you have someone else handle that and then deliver the shipment to SAS?
StarryHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 06:45   #37

Boat: Lagoon 380

Forgot to post this picture from 8th May 2014. Montes dog on board the 400 , many L450s and 2 L39 have just left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000232.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	88948  
Old 29-09-2014, 09:29   #38

Boat: L400 S2 Hull# 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Oh nice Django, maybe you could post your comments on what you thought of the 39 in the L39 thread for some comparisons to the 380. Glad you have a safe trip.
Hi Monte, well we are getting closer to our delivery voyage to BVI of our L400 "Terres Fin" in Mid December. I am wondering why you had those options done in La Rochelle & not by Lagoon.
We have yet to touch one and we are waiting with enormous anticipation for the Annaplois show in a 9 days to finally board one.
I hope all is well with Jen & Yourself and Always I look forward to your Posts.... Nick
Old 29-09-2014, 09:45   #39
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Hi Nick, well it was simply because lagoon don't really tailor make things that we wanted specifically, and also I think we had 1200W of solar installed for less than half the cost lagoon would charge for the 500W panels they install on the davits. Some extras are reasonable, such as AIS, radar, remote VHF, and some are not so reasonable. The downside is it takes time to arrange and install afterwards and there's no warranty on the installations outside the individual components warranties, but for us it's a worthwhile solution.
Good luck with the new boat and maybe we will catch up in the Caribbean in December!
Are you planning on being aboard for a while?
Old 29-09-2014, 10:24   #40

Boat: L400 S2 Hull# 426

"Terres Fin" won't get to BVI until Mid February, and that's when we'll board her for 2 weeks....... I can't do options outside of Lagoon as the Vessel goes straight into charter. The extra cost are ok as I am only responsible for 55%. Hope the quality is good.... Will def stay in touch and hopefully Rendezvous somewhere in the Carrib!!!!!!! Be Safe....

Tags
France

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: