Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 27-03-2016, 23:54   #31

Re: Maverick 440

Just to add some balance and fairness to this, I too have had a long hard look at the Maverick 440. I had a test sail in Cape Town with Rudi on Rosanne #15 courtesy of Mark the owner who was on also on board.

Rudi is frank and honest about the issues pertaining to Andando. It's not my place to go into them save to say it put my mind at ease.

I think a true testament to the Maverick is that a current owner is selling his early production 400 to purchase a 440 at a later stage as his cruising plans were delayed.

I've spent a long time looking for my ideal cruising yacht. Only to discover what most of you already know, that there is no one ideal yacht.

The Maverick 440 is not the most modern looking cat but it certainly has a character of its own. There are a few things that I have seen on other cats that I prefer but more importantly, in my mind, there are a number of features and specs that I do prefer on the Maverick. As my significant other stated after spending time on a number of different cats, "The Maverick is the one that feels most like a home". The performance for a cruising cat is more than adequate. It's also a lot of boat for its size and price when you compare apples with apples.

Maverick is not a high volume manufacturer, preferring to customise each yacht to the owner's spec and taste. However their production for the next couple of years is all pretty much spoken for. I've reserved hull #23.

There's a few things that I would like to have changed (and not just little things), true to form Rudi is quite happy to accommodate those changes where ever he can. Each time an owner comes up with a good idea he incorporates it into future builds, seeing them as improvements.

Nic Steyn

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Kajali is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: