Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37   #1

Looking for charter / frac. ownership suggestions near Washingon DC

Been shopping around for places to charter near DC. I've found a few but am wondering if anyone here has some suggestions.

I'm pathetically desperate to spend as much time on the water as possible this summer. I've even been running numbers on how to buy a used Orana 44 even though it might mean my wife divorcing me.

I might be crazy, or I might just find that being on a catamaran sailing in the wind is one of the most relaxing and rejuvenating experience I know of.

Despite its proximity to Annapolis, there are seem to be surprisingly few options. IE., I don't even see any Lagoon 440s to charter in the area.

Thanks,

D
djtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28   #2

Boat: Hylas 49
Re: Looking for charter / frac. ownership suggestions near Washingon DC

Mostly monohulls. Its tough to find dockspace for a cat! The Moorings is in Annapolis as are SailTime and JWorld boats. There is Annapolis Yacht Charters.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35   #3
Marine Service Provider

You should check with Sailaway Catamarans near Annapolis. Tommy Smith is principally selling used cats, but he offers his customers a charter service while their boats are at his marina for sale. If he cannot accommodate you, he will certainly know who can - tell him I sent you - Wade Smith

Also, if you are serious about wanting to buy a share of a successful cat generating positive cash, consider Sweetest Thing. We bought her from Tommy, and are now looking for a couple of partners to enjoy her at a discounted price, with income to cover ownership costs.

you can e-mail me as well wade@yachtsweetestthing.com
wadesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:03   #4

Wade,

That's so ironic. I knew I recognized the name of that boat. Yes, I've been in touch with Tommy and will be chartering from him a few times this year. He'd also probably be the buyer's broker I would use for another boat.

I actually sent you an email last night to the sweetestthing.com email address. I'd be interested in frac. on that boat depending on the numbers.

I'll PM you my email address.

D

EDIT: I can't PM anyone yet since I'm still a noob here on the forums. I just sent you another email.
djtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 18:27   #5

Boat: Leopard 40

Another option is Annapolis Bay Charters out of Port Annapolis Marina, Back Creek. They have several cats of different types and sizes. Our Leopard 40, LUX, is in charter with them there in the summer and in Marsh Harbor, Bahamas, in the winter. Annapolis Bay Charters
sailor1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 06:05   #6
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtopper View Post
Wade,

That's so ironic. I knew I recognized the name of that boat. Yes, I've been in touch with Tommy and will be chartering from him a few times this year. He'd also probably be the buyer's broker I would use for another boat.

I actually sent you an email last night to the sweetestthing.com email address. I'd be interested in frac. on that boat depending on the numbers.

I'll PM you my email address.

D

EDIT: I can't PM anyone yet since I'm still a noob here on the forums. I just sent you another email.
This might help S/V Sweetestthing
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, ownership