Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2012, 17:32   #1

Boat: modified StoneHorse
Looking for a Searunner to Charter

I am considering buying a searunner 34 or 37 for a live aboard, but have been a keelboat sailor for 30+ years. What I'd really like to do is bareboat charter one with my sailing buddies of those 30+ years (one who is in love with trimarans and turned me on to Jim Brown). So far I haven't found anyone interested in this idea. Does anyone have any ideas or owners that might be interested in this idea? I just can't see buying one without getting a feel for them.

Jerbob
Jerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:08   #2

Re: looking for a searunner to charter

We have an 1160 at a place I work: Seawind 1160 | San Diego Sailing Charters | San Diego Sailing School

If you call ask for Bobbi, and tell him Eric Kaufman told you to give him a call. I'm a charter captain over there as well, but they do bareboat or skippered. If you're bareboating let me know and I'll tell you some cool places to go in San Diego. There's a nice little cove for anchoring if you're out for the weekend.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 06:36   #3

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"

Hey Rebel,

I think he is looking for a "Searunner" Trimaran design by Jim Brown not the Aussie Cats
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 11:31   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Hey Rebel,

I think he is looking for a "Searunner" Trimaran design by Jim Brown not the Aussie Cats
Ah, well then, nevermind. I operate multihulls but I really don't know that industry for beans.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 06:47   #5

Boat: Searunner 37
Re: Looking for a Searunner to Charter

Jerbob,

Understand your reluctance but in this case you should really take a leap of faith. Searunners are the best. You should check out J Molan's Corazon (a 34) in Mexico. If we didn't already own a 37 we would have looked at her. If you haven't been able to find a charter before the summer, give us a shout. We are at the Toronto Multihull Cruising Club (somewhat closer to you than either ocean). Liftin is mid May & we will be sailing Lake Ontario for the summer before heading south. Our daughter has a 31 Searunner for sale plus our club has 2 40' Browns & 2 25' Browns - total of 8 Brown Searunners. You would see many variations.

Keep in touch & welcome to the multihull side.

Pat
PatnKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 18:44   #6

Thanks Pat for your response. I may take you up and take a visit to Toronto to check out your club's searunners. Could I get a ride and a tour of your 37? Where can I see a description of your daughter's 31 that's for sale? I think I saw "Corazon" for sale at one point, but I can't seem to locate her online anymore. Do you know if she is still for sale and how I could contact the owner?

Jerbob
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43   #7

Jerbob, I will be returning from the Bahama's with my searunner 37 this mid April and will begin traveling back north up the eastern US seaboard. My searunner "Honeywind" is for sale and if you were looking for a chance to sail aboard one we could try and plan a few days aboard with me while I travel. You could join anywhere from the Bahama's to the Chesapeake area. Let me know, thanks!
scotiasailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32   #8

Thanks Scotiasailor,

Thanks for your generous offer. I would like to take you up on it. I'm not sure how we go about coordinating a rondevous. And if we can plan on a specific date and location for disembarking? I am still working and will have to plan ahead to pull this off. What are you ideas on this? Have you done this (taken on crew and traveled this route) before?

Could we continue to communicate via email. I'm new to this and any forum and find it cumbersome. How would we do that without revealing our email addresses to everyone?

Jerbob
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46   #9

Boat: Searunner 37

Jerbob, sorry not to have responded sooner. Been offline for a few days. We would love to take you out on the boat. We plan to be in Toronto from lift in - May 12th until at least after our club regatta - the weekend of July 6-8.

If you want to find the Searunners for sale, search Searunner & both Corazon & my daughter's boat come up in the list. Since Corazon was listed again in January I think it's still available.

To send an email (or private message) to someone on this site go to the top right hand box just under the titles and click on private message. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Pat
PatnKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 16:17   #10

Jerbob, Maybe this is the easiest way if your not too familiar with the forum.

My contact information is on my boats add page. Click on the link below and scroll down the page, its just before the pictures.

Searunner For Sale | Honeywind

Just send me an email to further discuss!!

Thanks!
scotiasailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 18:20   #11

Scotiasailor, I just sent you an email. jerbob
Old 15-02-2012, 19:06   #12

Hey, Pat,

Thanks for all your help. I'll see how things go in the coming months and possibly take you up on that invite in Toronto.

Jeremy

Tags
charter, Searunner, searunner