Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2010, 11:21   #46

Boat: 34' Searunner Tri
Jay Kantola showed up in an unexpected spot.

TITANIC
Jmolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 20:57   #47

Stumbled onto this. I do not know anything about it.

35FT. Trimaran designed by Jay Kantola. 22ft. beam. Launched 1981. Epoxy over plywood. Low cabin. Open wings. Reversed transoms. Swim step. Anchors. Sails. Almost cruise ready. Needs some TLC. Located in Coronado I can be reached @541-991-0174. Possible partial trade for land.

No pics.

35ft Sailboat--Trimaran
Old 12-02-2010, 19:24   #48

PROPOSAL CONTENTS

Welcome

Jim told me he was looking for any of the "old guys" to write up their story's about the adventures in the old Trimarans. His email is at the bottom of the first page.
Old 24-10-2012, 12:56   #49

Re: Kantola Trimaran Info?

Hi there.... Although most of these posts regarding Kantola designs are years old, I thought I'd add a bit. I sold my 39 Kantola Trimaran many ...many years ago (sometimes I regard that as a mistake)..... but a recent contact (Rich) researching Kantola boats spiked my interest to communicate info with him. So as long as I was on the subject after many years I thought I'd post some info regarding my experience with Jays design. Years before the Kantola project, I built a Brown 31 (Sunshine) and during the build I met Larry Potter who was building a Kantola 32 in my general area (SF Bay area).... we launched around the same time and went our ways meeting up in San Diego. I sailed a bit on his boat and was very impressed. Years later I sold my Brown in San Diego and immediately invested the the proceeds on plans for the 39 Kantola. Moving to Redwood City, CA. I purchased about 50% of the materials, West system, cedar veneers, lots of plywood, engine, and several key expense items...(Mast, winches, etc)...also kept enough $$ to work on the boat full time for just about a year. Sailed the boat up & down the coast a couple times, lived aboard for about 5 years and then sold it...(another story)...
So anyway, I did keep some construction and sailing pics and have since posted them on You Tube. I now have a "land yacht" (RV).... and my website is RvVoyager.com. I have a some pics there and also a link to my You Tube postings. So if anyone may see this post and have interest, head on over there and take a look. Also have a video that was made when the boat was for sale. Happy sailing to all....I miss it!
Mike Carlson
Kayakmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trimaran